I thought he cared

Ruby’s POV

*

*

*

_ For hours I sat on my bed. I knew leaving was the right thing to do, but at the same time, it felt wrong. What if Thor told Loki? Would he be mad at me? Would he stop talking to Sigyn? Would he even say one word to me? I knew nothing of what would happen next. However, I had already made up my mind. In a way, I tried to convince myself that I was doing it for the good of our relationship. What was left of it anyways. If Loki agreed to marry her, then that would be the end of it. I would close my heart to him forever. And so, I continued to sit on my bed for 30 more minutes thinking. Should I pack? Does a goddess with magic powers even need to pack? And if so, what would I pack? The beautiful asgardian dresses I made myself? The extraordinary and gorgeous dress Loki made me, which I now see as a disgusting rag among all the disgusting rags in my closet? What about the dresses the servant made me? Should I even walk the streets of New York and London wearing them? I sighed and finally stood up. I wanted to go tell Thor I was ready to leave, but I heard a knock on my door and went to answer it.

"Thor I was just on my way to tel-" I frowned at the person in front of me.

"I heard you're leaving."

"I heard you're a persistent goddess who doesn't understand what the word 'no' means. Looks like we're already learning more about each other!"

She smirked and walked inside my room.

“Please come on in” I said with my right hand still on the handle.

“Why do you enjoy Midgard so much?”

“I was raised there.”

“Ah yes, and...you had to basically raise yourself since your mortals parents wanted nothing to do with you once they realized who you were...what you were.”

“Basically.” I sighed. “So, what exactly am I?”

“What you were, and still are, is an obstacle.”

“How so?” I asked her, wanting to grab her by the neck and twist it.

“If you had stayed with them, you would have kept them from having an ordinary life given the fact that there is nothing normal about you, and ordinary is in every Midgardian’s character.”

Did I have a knife? Some scissors? Something to cut her open with?

“Now you are an obstacle in mine and Loki’s relationship” she walked up to me and was now inches away from my face. “And he, like them, will not want anything to do with you.” she scoffed, “Poor you, he already doesn’t.”

I walked away from her and towards the door. “What are you talking about?”

“Thor informed him of your departure hours ago and he still has not shown up...has he?...Hmm, weird is it not? I thought he cared about you.”

I opened the door quickly. She pursed her lips and smiled at me before leaving. I slammed the door and one minute later, I was on my way to see Heimdall and hopefully, never see Loki again.