Melt Him

Ruby's POV

*

*

*

_I woke up and found myself to be sweaty and sticky. The heat had woken me up. I was hoping it had been a nightmare. A bad dream from which I would wake up and forget about eventually. But this was reality. I was in Muspelheim. I tried wiping the sweat off of my forehead but my hands were chained. My wrists were hurting but as I tried to get the chains off, I realized that by struggling, the heat only intensified. 

Doors opened.

More heat came in as it happened and there stood a demon with 4 horns. It walked towards me.

"So you're Yggdrasil."

I only managed to slowly nod.

"When will Loki be here?" Another voice asked. A demon much taller than the one in front of me, came inside the room where I sat, with my hands chained, sweating to death.

"What?........Loki......." The heat was almost making me unconscious. I remembered the look on his face as I left.

"Yes. Loki, your lover." The voice brought me back to certainty.

"What do you want with Loki? Leave him alone!"

The demon with 4 horns slapped me across the face. "How dare you speak to the king that way?"

I felt the blood on my face which was how I knew it would leave a scar. To my surprise, it healed by itself and both of the creatures stared at me. I could tell they were just as surprised and shocked as I was. "Please leave Loki alone!"

The king looked down at me. He was hideous. His laugh was even more horrid. "Stupid girl." he said as he got even closer to me. 

"He won't come! He will not come!" I cried out.

The king laughed once more. "Of course he will." He dismissed the other demon and we were now alone. "The Frost Giants need him...in a way, so do we. With his powers, we might find a way to become immortal. Imagine...immortal kings and queens in all the 9 realms." He kneeled in front of me. "Imagine being able to stay alive forever, and even..." he got very close to my face and whispered in my ear, "bring the dead back to life." My eyes widened and he stood up. "Imagine Yggdrasil, having your parents back. Imagine spending eternity with them. Loki must help us. If not, we will-"

"You'll what? Kill him? Loki will not come. He will not agree to you plan."

A cynical smile spread across his face. "I think he will. His beloved girlfriend is here" he said pointing at me. "As for your question, the answer is no. We will not kill him. But we will make him suffer. " He looked at me and smiled a hideous smile. "After all", he said as he opened the doors to leave. "How do you torture an ice giant?"

I gulped and looked at him with wide eyes. 

He gave me one last look before leaving. "You melt him."

His grotesque laugh followed his words and I was left alone in the room screaming as the chains burned into my skin.