It's Her

Loki's POV

*

*

*

_Thor came in the room. I shook my head and he understood. She was gone. About a dozen guards came in the room. 

"Where were all these men when he took her? There only 2 of them! Only 2 demons!"

Sif was among them and she was the one to speak. 

"Loki, we are very sorry."

"As well you should be! She was taken under your watch!" 

Sif took a step back in fright. This was one of the few times she had actually been scared.

"I have to go get her."

Thor put a hand on my shoulder. "Brother you cannot go."

I looked at him as a tear threatened to fall. "She's my girl Thor, and now she's gone" again

"I have to go...she was taken because of me...I have  to go... I owe it to her. "

He looked down. 

"I have to rescue her, even if it costs me my life."

Thor looked up at me once again. "I'll go with you."

I nodded. I refused to wait too long so we left minutes later. As soon as we arrived, I already felt the heat  on my skin. Thor looked at me and I reassured him that I was fine. The place looked deserted. It was quiet. Too quiet. Out of nowhere, a very tall demon walked up to us with his hands up. "Asgardians.... follow me." 

Thor and I looked at each other quickly and afterwards we followed the demon. It led us straight to the Fire Palace. As the doors opened, I immediately saw king Vulcan's horrid face. 

"Welcome Loki. We have been expecting you."

"Expecting me? I want nothing to do with you."

The king simply smirked. 

"Where is she?" I asked.

Thor stepped forward. "King Vulcan, as king of Asgard, I demand that you return her to us."

King Vulcan stood up from his throne. "You will see her soon, but first...I have something to ask of you Loki" He looked at me for about 1 minute. "Is that a dead rose?" he asked with a disgusted look on his face. I knew he was referring to Ruby's rose, which I always carried. 

"Yes. It is. Where is she?"

He smiled and said, "Not here. Your beautiful  girlfriend is not in this castle." 

I was so worried about her. Where was she?  The heat was making me tired. 

"Loki come with me."

I looked at Thor, and after he nodded, I left with the king. 

"What do you want from me?"

"We need your power, for immortality and bringing the dead back to life."

I stopped walking. "What? 'Immortality'? I have no such powers."

The king turned to face me. "I'm sure if you give it a try, you will  do it."

"Why would you want immortality? You're not an old king. You're not sick, or dying. Why?"

He looked down. "The Frost Giants will pay us a great amount of gold, not to mention we will no longer be in debt with them, and it's not a bad idea...my son hates what I've done. You've met him...He's the one with the 4 horns."

"That's  your son?"

"Yes. He got the stubbornness and the horns from his mother."

This whole time I had been holding the rose without noticing it. I was about to say something when it started glowing. I looked at it with wide eyes and looked at him. "You lied to me! She is  here!"

The king looked at me in shock and amazement. "It seems you lied as well. You can  bring dead things to life"

"I did not do it, it was..." I mentally hit myself for saying too much. 

"Who?...Who was it? Who had the power?" 

After not getting an answer from me, he seemed to realize what I would not tell him. 

"Ah, so it's her." 

We quickly walked back to where Thor and the guards were. 

"Thanks to Loki here, I know how to save our realm. Bring me Yggdrasil." he said to the guards who nodded afterwards and quickly left. 

I could feel Thor staring at me as I walked over to him and if looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. Once I was next to him he whispered in my ear, "Have you gone mad? How can you be so calm? Do you not see the gravity of your actions? Yggdrasil will be furious. You better pray she'll forgive you for what you've done-"

"Brother if Ruby has issues, they won't be with what I've done...They'll be with what I'm about to do."