Unimagined Reunion

She was completely still. It felt as if all her breath had been stolen from her. Talia could barely blink, as she feared that he would disappear if she did. But he didn't. He remained right in front of her. He looked exactly the same...but maybe a little leaner. His wavy, black hair hung loosely over his shoulders, there didn't appear to be any new streaks of grey present. He was dressed like the king he was born to be. He was clad in a royal blue tunic, along with black furs and silver steel toe boots. Thorin kept his grip on Talia's shoulders, and she was so entranced by his sudden presence that she hardly processed the glare on his face.

"Do I truly frighten you so much, Talia?" he asked, a hint of anger lacing his tone. Talia began breathing heavily, and felt tears rising at the sound of his deep, velvety voice. "Don't worry, I haven't come to chase you down. I should congratulate you, really. You've found a way to live with what I've done to you; you decided to escape me by spacing yourself as far away as you possibly can. It looks like I won't be bothering you any longer, now that I can see how happy you are to be back in your own home." he spat. Talia gasped as Thorin released her, and turned to walk back to...wherever he came from.

The young woman was shaking, trying to process what he just said. Happy? He thought she was happy to be here...without him? And what right did he have to accuse her of coming back home to escape him? As if...as if she knew he was alive. Hold on...he was alive. He wasn't dead...this whole time. Talia furrowed her brows, and stood forward.

"How. Dare you." she snapped, ignoring the further rising of her tears. Thorin turned around, his glare deepening, an expression which Talia returned. "You think you know all about what I've gone through, don't you? Just like how you always know everything about every situation!" she hissed, her voice growing louder with every word. "What right do you have to think that I'm happy that I've been without you these ten months? That I wanted to run from you? Do you even know what I thought happened to you this entire time?" she challenged.

Thorin began making his way towards her, stopping just a couple of inches away from her. "You thought I was going to die?" he scoffed. "Oh that would've been perfect, wouldn't it? The perfect excuse to leave and never come back." he sneered.

"Why would I wanna get away from you, Thorin? You know how I felt about-"

"YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT ME, WOUNDED IN MY BED! AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL ME THAT YOU CARED FOR ME?" he bellowed, inching himself closer in his anger until he was a pinch away from her face.

"I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GONNA DIE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! DO YOU HEAR ME? I THOUGHT YOU WENT WHERE I COULDN'T FOLLOW, AND I'VE BEEN BESIDE MYSELF SINCE THAT DAY! SO HOW DARE YOU, THORIN OAKENSHIELD! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME THAT I LEFT YOU!" Talia shouted back, a couple of tears escaping from her eyes.

"Hey!" a voice shouted from the house. The young woman turned to see Howard coming out with Bailey stopping at the doorway. "Is there a problem here?" he asked, wrapping an arm protectively around Talia's shoulders.

Thorin's glare deepened at the gesture. "And you still think you can tell me that you care for me?" he asked lowly. Before Talia could answer, Howard spoke up.

"Whoa! Hold on here! Care for you? How could she-wait a second. Who are you? I've never even seen you before."

Thorin turned to face the man. "She's told you nothing about me? She's only been in my company for over a year!" he hissed. Howard widened his eyes and took his arm off Talia's shoulders.

"A year? You mean, the year before?" he asked. Thorin raised his eyebrows smugly. Howard gritted his teeth and began nodding his head. "You...you took her?" he asked quietly, causing Talia to widen her eyes.