Chapter 7: See Something You Like?

I tapped my foot against the floor impatiently, trying to figure out a way to get rid of the silver without looking conspicious.

Aggravated, I ran my hand through my dark tangled hair. Why does stuff like this always happen to me?

It's like I have this compelling nature which screams, 'mess with her, she always gets in trouble anyways'. Maybe Karma finally decided to bite my fine bum.

I know that I should probably either leave it for someone else to find it or take it to Ryan. As you know, i'm not one for choosing the simpler options and end up taking the wrong route. However, I'm convinced showing this evidence to anyone would cause a uproar and that won't help anyone... Especially me!

I'm not being selfish because I'll find out the reason to this silver but until then I will put up a innocent front. Something I've been doing a lot lately.

The expert of being a saint- living in a Church had rubbed on me. Awe.

I gingerly picked up the leather jacket and carried it towards the bin, disposing it. I rubbed my hands on the tattered jeans I was wearing. Thankfully, I was immune to the nasty piece of silver so it had no effect on me but if I was another wolf I could be seriously injured.

Be glad, you have power to protect yourself from harmful materials, my Wolf said appreciating how great my powers are, sorry our powers. Don't you see why I'm so concieted? I blame her. Wait, I forgot, we're the same person.

I smirked slightly, complimenting myself while totally forgetting why I was actually doing here. I can't be trusted with serious situtations, it's like throwing a fish into a shark-filled pool. Death is probably going to be the only outcome.

While I was making completely useless metaphors, Ryan's scent hit me, which then led me to the realisation of him waiting for me. I congratulated my idiocy as I tried to think of an excuse.

Lying is my speciality. If only there was some sort of award for it. As I keep saying.

I quickly took off my bowling shoes and put on my Vans and made it to the entrance. Ryan was glancing around trying to spot me. I felt slightly guilty that I had made him wait, he probably thinks I went to have a dump. How awful! Maybe if I throw him off with my dazzling smile, he'll forget about it.

I waved at him from where I was and his creased forehead smoothed out and he threw me a smile, which sent another round of tingles through my spine. Ignoring this feeling, I walked towards him at a regular pace not wanting to lie to him yet.

" Where did you go?"

" The bathroom was out of order, so I had to go look for another one." I smiled, hoping he would buy it. I shrugged nonchalantly, like I was trying to sell a load of bull to him. 

He nodded his head and I mentally did a quick happy dance for being a such a professional liar. It contained me moving my legs and flailing my arms in a embarrassing manner. Darn, my crappy dancing skills. I could do the robot, though. I would ace musical statues.

"The car is over there," He held my hand, again. I had the urge to snap it away as if I had been caught guilty but then I figured my Wolf didn't enjoy me fratenizing with other males. Despite how gorgeous they are.

She must be bloody mad.

My Wolf cussed at me, telling me to go to the hell. Seriously, our relationship is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. I felt like me and her should star in some sappy romantic film- The Notebook.

I slipped my hand out of his and I saw him glance at me. He frowned; I refused to look at him, I didn't want to see his crestfallen expression. But then maybe he was having a mini party in his head that he didn't have to hold a clammy palm.