Chapter 5

The next day came around. Ashley noticed both Emmett and Edward weren't in. "What a pity" she said sarcastically to herself.

Two days went by and still no Edward or Emmett. Ashley didn't care but Bella was slightly upset believing it was her problem.

Both girls were in the bathroom. Ashley noticed Rosalie and Alice staring at them. Rosalie was staring with cold eyes while Alice was staring with curiosity.

A week had pass without either Emmett or Edward. Ashley was starting to feel curious on why they weren't here while Bella blamed herself.

Bella was walking to the truck. She fell on a piece of ice. Charlie helped her up. "You okay Bells" Charlie asked.

"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated" Bella replied. "That's why I got you new tires" he replied making Bella look at the tries.

"The other ones were nearly bald" Charlie said. "You got me new tires? No one's ever done that before" Bella said quietly.

"That's Bella talk for thank you" Ashley said as she went over to them. She was leaning against the truck.

"I'll be late for dinner. I'm heading down to Mason County. A security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal" Charlie said.

"An animal" Bella asked. "You're not in Phoenix anymore Bells" Ashley said. "They've been hunting it for a week with no luck. I thought I'd lend a hand" Charlie said.

"Be careful" Bella said. "I always am" Charlie said. "But seriously be extra careful because I'm not going back to the witch" Ashley said.

"I will" Charlie said as he started to walk away. "And thank you for the tires" Bella said making Charlie nod his head.

Bella and Ashley go to school. When they get there they're oblivious to Edward and Emmett staring at them.

Biology came around and Ashley was looking forward to it. She managed to catch up quickly. She was really clever.

Both Ashley and Bella were outside the classroom talking to Eric. "Prom committee is a chick thing, but I gotta cover it for the paper" Eric said.

"Prom how exciting" Ashley said sarcastically. "Don't you want to go" Eric asked. "I-" Ashley was cut off.

"Come on, give it up for the rain" Mike said as he shakes his wet hat over Bella's head. He was going to do it Ashley but thought she'd hurt him.

Bella made her way in the classroom. She saw Edward and froze. "Hey Bells what's-" Ashley cut herself off by glaring at Edward then at Emmett who she just noticed.

"Come on" she said as she linked arms with her sister. They go to their seats. Ashley kept glaring at Edward.

"Hello" Edward said to Bella. "Hello" Ashley mocked him. Edward knew she was still upset about pushing her but now he was focusing on talking to Bella.

"Hi" Emmett said to Ashley who ignored him. He rolled his eyes. "So how do you like school so far" Emmett asked trying to get a conversation out of his blood singer. But she remained silent.

He had an idea. "So I was thinking of ways to kill Edward without anyone noticing. Do you have any idea's" he said making her chuckle.

"Ah she laughs" Emmett said making a few people look at them. "Of course I laugh I'm a human" she replied rolling her eyes but a smile on her face.

He was about to make a comment but the teacher started speaking. "Onion root tip cells! That's what's on your slides. Separate and label them into the phases of mitosis. The first partners to get it right, win... the golden onion!" Mr Molina said.

No one done anything, no one started work. "Come on people, Tick Tock" Mr Molina said making people start.

"Would you like to go first" Emmett asked. "I suppose since you probably don't have a clue what you're doing with your absence" Ashley said.

"I was gone for.. personal reasons" he said. "Right personal reasons. The same reasons as Edward I'm guessing, but something that doesn't concern the rest of your family.. interesting" Ashley said.

"You doubt me" he said. "A weird coincidence that you and your brother try to move class after me and Bells join, then disappear for a week" Ashley said.

"I can see you're smart" he said with a small smirk. "No way! Am I really? I never knew" Ashley replied sarcastically making him smirk.

Ashley looked under the microscope. "Prophase" she said. "Can I look" Emmett asked. She rolled her eyes as he checks.

"Prophase" he said. "Well done, do you want a sticker" Ashley said fake excited making him chuckle slightly. They wrote it down.

"So how do you like Forks so far" he asked. "I lived here until I was ten" she told him. "Really" he asked shocked.

"Yeah then I moved" she said as she switched slides. Emmett was curious on why she moved back here.

Emmett was staring at her. She was very beautiful. She had beautiful blue eyes, like the ocean or like a pool.

"Anaphase" she said knocking him out of his thoughts. "Mind if I check. Just to make sure" he said making her roll her eyes.

He frowned as he realised she was right. "You're good at this" he said. "I'm a science genius" she replied.

"So why did you move back here" he asked. "It's too complicated for simple minds" she replied making him roll his eyes.

"I'm not simple minded" he said. "Of course you're not and I don't have blue eyes" she said sarcastically while a small smile played on her lips.

"So" Emmett said wanting to know more about her. "My mother got a new 'boy' friend" she told him. "Don't you like him" he asked.

She thought about all the objects he threw at her in the past. The time he tried to make a move on her when her mother wasn't home.

Edward's eyes went wide as he read her mind. He saw the images of her being hit with a lamp the bruises on her neck when he grabbed her and pinned her against walls.

He felt guilty for pushing her. It must have brought back some memories. She was abused at home and got hurt here, on her first day.

"You okay" Emmett asked her. "Yeah sorry" she said as she pushed the memories out of her head and smiled at Emmett.

"So yeah my mum got a new boyfriend he was horrible so I decided to move in with my dad" she said.

"You say Boy like he was young" he said. "He's only just turned twenty one. They've been dating since he was eighteen. God I hate him" she said.

Emmett noticed the look in her eyes. he wanted to know more about him because he had a feeling the boy hurt his Blood Singer. No one could hurt her now, he wouldn't let them.

~(End of Chapter 5. Things are going to get interesting in the next chapter)~