Chapter 13

The smile on Ashley's face was never leaving. She was just so happy as she stared at a picture of her and Emmett on her phone.

Just then her phone rang. "Hello" she said happily thinking it was Emmett. "Hey baby, did you miss me" Shaun's voice said.

Ashley's eyes went wide. "What are you doing? Why are you calling me" she asked. "I missed you" he said, lying.

"Why are everyone so terrible at lying" Ashley asked herself. "Aw who else is terrible at lying" he asked.

"What do you want" Ashley asked. "You didn't tell us you arrived, we're so upset" he said. "Aw that's so sweet. I'm really hurt that you feel that way" Ashley said fake upset.

"Ashy" Bella said. "Oh I gotta go. It was so great to speak to you" Ashley said overly hyper. "I'll visit you soon" Shaun said before the line went dead.

Ashley was in shock as Bella went in her room. "Ash" Bella said worried, noticing the state her sister was in.

Ashley looked up at Bella. "I" she was speechless. "Do you need Dad" Bella asked. Ashley shook her head and took a deep breath before faking a smile.

"I'm fine, lets get to school" she said. "Are you sure" Bella asked. "Yeah I'm fine come on" Ashley said smiling.

The two went downstairs to see a note from Charlie saying he left early. They go outside to see Edward and Emmett standing there.

Ashley looked at them shocked. 'Why were they here? Did they know about Shaun?' Ashley thought making Edward look at her confused.

"Who's Shaun" Edward asked. "No one" Ashley said. She focused all her energy of getting him out of her head.

"Is he your mother's boyfriend" Edward asked. "How do you know about that" Ashley asked her voice shaking.

"He read my mind" Emmett said. "He can read minds" Ashley said confused. "Yes anyone besides Bella" Edward said.

"Stay out of my mind" Ashley said to him before walking off down the street. Emmett run after her stopping her. "Move" she said fighting tears.

Emmett went on his knees. "Please don't be mad at me, please I can't handle it. Just talk to me" he said. She sighed as she lifted up his chin up. She pressed her lips against hers quickly. "Let's get to school" she said.

They go to his car and drive to school. When they get out everyone was staring at them. "Every one is staring" Ashley said.

Emmett looked around. "He's not" he said looking at a guy who then turned around. "Never mind" he said as his arm around her.

--Time Skip--

Bella and Ashley were making their way to the café to meet Charlie, they were running late after spending time with Edward and Emmett.

"Yo Ash" Mike said gaining both girls attention. "So you and Cullen" Mike said. Ashley looked at him.

"I don't like it. I mean he looks at you like you're something to eat" he said. "Luckily I didn't ask your opinion, bye-bye" Ashley said dragging Bella in the café.

"Sorry we're late, biology project" Bella lied as they two girls sat down opposite Charlie. "It's fine" he said.

It fell silent. "I ordered you a seafood combo" Charlie said to Bella. "Order one for yourself next time. You should cut back on the steak" she replied.

"I'm healthy as a horse" Charlie said. "Of course you are" Ashley said sarcastically making Charlie chuckle.

"I got you a chicken salad" he said. "Do you know what I really wanted that, thank you dad" Ashley said.

"Say Chief, the boys want to know, you find anything down the Queets River today" Cora asked. Charlie looked to see people listening.

"The suspect's moving east. Kitsap County Sheriff is taking over from here. They're putting extra guys on" he said. "Hope they catch him fast" Cora said before moving away.

Charlie noticed Mike and his friends waving at Bella and Ashley. He smiled slightly recognising the family he's from.

"Your friends are flagging you" Charlie said. The two girls turned around to see Mike waving and smiling at them. They smile back.

"It's okay if you wanna join them. I'm just gonna turn in early anyway" Charlie said. "I think we will too" Bella said.

"It's Friday night. Go out. The Newton boy's got a big smile for you, Ash. Nice family the Newton's" Charlie said.

"Oh god no, he's just a friend" Ashley said. "None of the boys in town interest you" Charlie asked. "None of the guys interest yous" Charlie asked.

Bella and Ashley looked at each other. "We're really not going to talk about boys, are we" Ashley asked.

"Just you two should be around people. I leave you alone too much" Charlie said. "We're not alone we have each other" Ashley said as both girls smile at each other.

--Time Skip--

Ashley is sitting in her room when her phone rings. She looked to see it was Melissa. She groaned but answered it.

"Hi sweetie, how do you like it" Melissa asked. "Fork is amazing. I love it" Ashley said being honesty with her mother.

"Could that have something to do with a guy" she asked. "I don't think that's any of your business" Ashley said.

"Tell me everything. Is he smart, or is a loser like we'd expect you to date" Melissa said. "He's perfect" Ashley said.

Ashley did think Emmett was perfect. She wasn't going to tell Melissa about her. She hated her mother.

While Ashley was thinking she didn't notice Emmett climb in through the window. He had heard her conversation.

"Are you being safe? I'm too young for grand children. I mean it's bad enough I have you, never mind another one" Melissa said.

"God I forgot how annoying you are. How does Shaun even put up with you" Ashley asked annoyed at her mother.

"Don't you dare talk to your mother like that" Melissa said. "When I find my mother I'll tell her that, bye-bye" Ashley said as she hang up.

She turned around angry only to see Emmett staring at her. "W-what are you doing here" she asked. "I came to see you" he said.

A smile appeared on her face. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you're here" she said. She needed him right now.

They laid down on the bed, with his arms wrapped around her while her head was on his stone cold chest.

~(End OF Chapter 13)~