Chapter 8

'School was uneventful, makes a change' Ashley thought as she sat down. "Aren't you eating" Jessica asked. "I'll get food in a minute" Ashley said.

"You need to eat to keep your rocking figure" Mike said making Ashley smile and Jessica frown, annoyed a jealous.

"La Push Baby, you in" Eric asked Ashley. "What's that" Bella asked. "La Push beach, down on the Quileute Rez" Mike said. Bella nodded her head.

"We're all going after school, a big swell coming in" Mike said. "And I don't just surf the internet" Eric said making Ashley giggle.

"Eric, you stood up once, on a foam board" Jessica said. "There's whale watching too. You should come, it will be fun" Angela said.

"La Push Baby" Eric said. "We'll go if you stop saying it like that" Ashley said and Bella nodding agree with her sister.

"Yay La Push with Bella and Ash" Jessica said fake excited. "And that's my queue to get some food" Ashley said.

She went to the salad bar. She was looking at an orange. She goes to grab only to hear a presence behind her.

She turned around and saw Emmett. "Hey Asher" he said. "What do you want" she asked him slightly annoyed.

"Can't I come say hi to my favourite person" he asked. "Where" she replied looking around making him laugh.

"So how are you" he asked. "In a bit of pain. You see your mood swings are giving me whiplash" she told him.

"I said it would be best if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be" Emmett said. "That makes so much sense" Ashley said sarcastically.

"It means if you were smart, you'd stay away from me" he said. "Let's say I'm not smart, would you talk to me? Tell me the truth" she asked.

"I'd rather hear your theories" he said. "How about you're secretly superman, or Captain America or the flash" she said making him chuckle.

Then his gaze went serious. "You're talking superheroes. What if I'm not a hero? What if I'm the bad guy" he asked.

"I doubt it. You're a jerk, at least to me you are. But I think it's just a mask to cover up the real you, to keep people away" she said.

He smirked. "You really are a smart cookie aren't you" he said. "I try to be" she said with a smile making him smile.

"Emmett" Thomas, Emmett's brother said a hand on his shoulder. "Right I'll see you around Asher" Emmett said before going off with his brother.

--Time Skip--

The cold wind was blowing. Ashley didn't mind it so much. She did like the rain, it was calming and made her relax.

Ashley, Bella and Angela were sitting on a rock, while Angela took photos. She paused looking at Ashley who smiled.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask to the Prom but he just doesn't" Angela said. "You could ask him" Ashley said.

Both Bella and Angela looked at her. "Just take control. You are a strong, independent woman" Ashley said. "I am" Angela asked. "You are" Bella said smiling.

"Ash, Bella" Jacob said as he came over with two friends. "Jake" Ashley said as she ran and gave him a big hug. He span her around making her giggle.

"Guys this is Jacob" Ashley said smiling as Jacob put her down. "Are you stalking us" Bella joked making Ashley laugh.

"You're on my Rez remember. Are yous surfing" Jacob asked the two girls. "Not this time" Ashley said. "Definitely not" Bella said.

"You should keep Bella coming, her date bailed" Jessica said teasing her. "What date" Eric asked. "She invited Edward" Jessica said.

"I think it's nice she invited him" Ashley said. "Ashley's right it is nice, no one ever invites him" Angela said.

"Because Cullen's a freak" Mike said. "You got that right" Sam, one of Jacob's friend said. "You know them" Bella asked. "The Cullen's don't come here" Sam said.

Ashley caught the look Jacob gave him. "Hey Jake wanna go for a walk" she said with a flirty smile making him grin.

They go for a walk. Bella went along with them. "So what did you friend mean about the Cullen's not coming here" Bella asked.

"You caught that" Jacob asked. "Kinda hard not to Jake" Ashley said. "I'm not supposed to say anything" he said. "We can keep a secret" Ashley said with another flirty smile.

"It's just an old scary story. Did you know that Quileute's are supposedly descended from wolves" he said. "Like fur, fangs, dog breath" Bella said making Ashley laugh.

"So the legend about the Cullens is" Ashley asked. "Well they're supposedly descended from this like 'enemy clan' but they claimed to be different so we made a treaty with them" Jacob told them.

"Didn't they just move here" Bella asked. "Or move back" Ashley thought out loud. "Exactly" Jacob said smiling.

"Right, so what was this treaty" Bella asked. "If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, we wouldn't expose them as what they really were to the pale faces" Jacob said pausing.

"AH" a loud scream made both girls jump. Ashley looked to see Eric chasing Angela with a dead fish making her roll her eyes.

Jacob start walking to the others. "Wait what were they really" Bella asked. "It's just a story, right Ash" he said. "Right" Ashley said with a fake smile.

The two girls stayed behind Jacob as they went to the others. "We need to research the legends" Bella said. "I couldn't agree more" Ashley said.

~(End Of Chapter 8.)~