Chapter 10

Ashley was nervous, extremely nervous. She trusted Emmett not to hurt her but now she knew what he was she was nervous, not scared, just nervous.

Both Swan sisters were standing by Bella's truck waiting for the Cullens to arrive so they could confront them.

"They're here" Ashley said. Bella looked and gave Edward a nod telling her to follow him.

He went wide eyed as he walked towards her. When he was close they went to the forest.

Ashley looked at Emmett who took a few steps. She walked into the woods. Ashley knew Emmett was following her she could hear his foot steps.

When they were deep in the forest Ashley stopped. She turned to face Emmett who had his hands in his pockets.

"You're impossibly strong, your skin is pale, even for someone who lives here. Your body is ice cold and your eyes change colour" Ashley said pausing.

"You never eat or drink or even come out in the sun. You're not allowed in La Push because of the treaty" Ashley said.

Emmett's eyes went wide. He was annoyed that she found out about the treaty. He knew one of the Quileutes most have told her breaking it unintentionally.

"How old are you" Ashley asked. "Twenty" Emmett replied. "How long have you been twenty" she asked. "A long time" he replied.

"I know what you are" Ashley told him. "Say it, say it out loud" Emmett said. "Vampire" Ashley told him confidently.

"Are you afraid" he asked. "Honestly no" she told him. "Then ask me what do we eat" he said. "I know you won't hurt me" she said.

He chuckled. "You know nothing. I wanted to hurt you. I want to drain you. I still have trouble now" he said.

"Then why don't you" she asked. "I can't lose you. I just can't" he told her. "I told you, you won't lose me" she said.

He took her hands and gave her a kiss on the pal of her hands. "Come on" he said. "Where are we going" she asked. "It's a surprise" he said.

The two go up the mountain and to a light. "You need to see what I look like in the sunlight" Emmett told her.

"Won't you burn" Ashley asked. "No that's just a myth" he told her as he took off his top revealing his pale white chest and muscles.

"Hello Muscle man" Ashley said making him chuckle. He went into the light and started sparkling making Ashley's eyes go wide.

"You're sparkling" she said. "This is why we don't show ourselves in sunlight. This is what we are" he said.

Ashley remained quiet staring at how beautiful he was. "I think it's amazing" she told him. "This is the skin of a killer" he said

"You're not a killer" Ashley said defending him. "You believe a lie. Everything about me invites you in, my voice, my face, my body even my smell" he said.

"As if you could fight me off" he said pulling a tree. "As if I you could out run me" he said as he ran around disappearing.

"Emmett" Ashley said. "My Family are different, hunt animals. We can control our thirst to a limit" he said.

Then he took a deep breath. "But your scent, it's like a drug to me, like my own brand of heroin" he said licking his lips.

It was Ashley turn to take a deep breath. She was afraid he was going to leave her, to push her away, she never felt like before.

"Tell me what are you thinking" he asked. "I'm afraid" she said confidently. "You seem so confident. You should be terrified" he told her.

"I'm afraid I'm going to lose you. That you're going to push me away again. I couldn't deal with it" she said.

Emmett took her hands. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for you" he told her making her smile.

"I can't stay away from you anymore. I don't have the strength" he said. "Then don't" she told him making him smile.

"You really are one of a kind" he said. "And you are really perfection" she told him making him smile again.

"I don't know how I got so lucky" he said. "Well I am pretty amazing" she said making him burst out laughing.

Emmett was happy, he finally got his mate. He wasn't going to tell her what she was to him yet, he didn't want to scare her.

Ashley was overjoyed. She got the boy, at last. But they weren't officially a couple, or were they, she didn't know.

"Asher" Emmett said gaining the girls thoughts. "Yes" she said. "Will you be my girlfriend" he asked her. "I thought you'd never ask" she said smiling.

~(End Of Chapter 10. So Ashley knows the truth and is now Emmett's girlfriend)~