Chapter 7

One month and two weeks passed. Ashley was distant, she spoke only when spoken to and everyone could tell she was depressed.

Bella was upset, not only did her best friend stop talking to her but her sister was miserable, she was scared.

"Hey Ash" Bella said. Ashley looked at her. "I want you to come on a hike with me. I don't want to be alone" she said.

Ashley forced a smile. "Sure Bell" she said. Bella smiled half heartedly. She understood the pain that her sister was going through.

The two girls got ready then headed out. Charlie was out fishing with Harry Clearwater so he couldn't stop them.

"Where are we going" Ashley asked as they walked through the forest. "Some where I feel happy" Bella replied truthfully.

"As long as it makes you happy" Ashley said. Bella frowned, even when Ashley was miserable she tried to make everyone happy.

"Why do you do it" Bella asked. "Do what" Ashley asked. "Even when you're sad you try make others happy" she replied.

"I know what it's like to be sad, so I try to stop others feeling that way. If I can help I want to" Ashley said.

"No one deserves to feel like that. No one deserves to feel like they're not worth it" Ashley said tears running down her face.

Bella stopped and hugged her sister, who hugged back. "You have me. You'll always have me" Bella told her as they both cried slightly.

They kept walking and ended up in a field. There was no sun, it was dark, cold and very cloudy, it was perfect.

Suddenly they heard rustling. The two girls turned around to see Laurent. But were they imagining him.

"Laurent" Ashley asked. "Ashley, Bella" he said. "Laurent" Bella said shocked.

"I must admit I didn't expect to see you both here" he said. "We live here" Ashley said. "I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend" Bella said.

"Tanya, I was. It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria" Laurent said. "You tried to help us" Bella said.

Laurent started walking towards in very slow. "I went to visit the Cullens, but their house was empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you both pets of theirs" he asked.

"Something like that" Bella replied. "Do the Cullens visit often" Laurent asked. "All the time" Bella lied. "We'll tell them you stopped by" Ashley said casually.

"Will they be able to reach you in Alaska" Bella asked.

"I don't think so. Tanya's 'Vegetarian' family was pleasant enough. But the dietary restrictions were difficult living on nothing but Animals" Laurent paused.

Suddenly he appeared in front of the girls, his eyes blood red. Bella took a step back while Ashley stood her ground.

"That's not why I left. I cam here as a favour to Victoria" Laurent said. "You're still friends" Ashley said bitterly.

"More or less. She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullens. Because, well... I'm afraid Victoria is quite put out with you both" Laurent said.

"Too bad" Ashley said as she stood in front of Bella. She didn't tell if she died she didn't want Bella to die.

"She feels it's only fair to kill their mates considering they killed hers. An eye for an eye, a mate for a mate" Laurent said. "They'll know you did it. They'll come after you" Ashley said.

"I don't think they will. After all, how could you mean so much if they left you here, unprotected" Laurent said.

Laurent grabs Ashley by her throat. "Victoria sent me here for information. She won't be happy with me killing you" he said.

"Go on d-do it then" she said breaking from his grip on her neck. "Victoria pans on killing you, slowly painfully, whereas I'll make it very quick. You do smell so mouth watering" he said.

Ashely closes her eyes as Laurent was about to bite. His teeth against her neck. Rustling was heard making Laurent stop.

"I don't believe it" he said. Ashley opened her eyes to see five wolves. Laurent ran and the wolves followed.

Bella looked to Ashley's neck and saw bruising. "Are you okay" she asked. "I'll be fine, lets go" Ashley said.

The two sisters leave the woods. They were both shaken from their experience. Ashley knew then and there she was going to die, but she was going to die protecting her sister.

~~(End Of Chapter. Ashley is miserable yet she's still protecting her sister. She's gone back in a depressive state, but she's still talking. I got this )~~