Escaping My Wedding to The Beast

It was the night I was to be wed to that insensitive brute, I only agreed to the marriage if it kept Gaston out of danger..’ “Mademoiselle, your groom awaits you in the ballroom.. And don’t forget, this is a happy occasion, so smile..” Cogsworth said “How can it be a happy occasion if I’m not happy..?” I asked myself as Cogsworth had left the room “Joëlle..” A voice whispered ‘I turn around to see Gaston at my balcony.. I was happier than I had been just two seconds ago..’
“Gaston.. You came back..? But I thought that you--” I said “I never thought you could look more beautiful.. I just wish it was me meeting you at the altar instead of that brutish incompetent monster.” Gaston said “I know, my heart breaks knowing that you aren’t the one I’ll be spending my life with..” I said “I know.. if it were me marrying you, I know you actually could be happy.. Christían is only marrying you so he can become King.. He doesn’t care about you like I do.. He’s just in it for the power.” Gaston said “Good luck having a wedding without the bride.. We should just elope, then no one can ever tear us away from one another again. I mean, how can I marry someone who doesn’t make me happy?” I said “Maybe all the times we run is the universe telling us that we should elope.. and not wait a second longer.. Joëlle, I’m ready when you are..” Gaston said ‘Meanwhile in the Grand Ballroom, my father grows impatient and sends Plumette and Mrs. Potts to my room.. my mother looks out the window of the garden as my father begins to snarl under his breath, Lumiere and my mother put their hands on his shoulder.. as Gaston and I, unbeknownst to the kingdom had slipped away, deep into the woods..’ “Gaston, this is a dangerous game we’re playing..” I said “The danger makes it so much more exciting..” Gaston said “Miss Joëlle, it’s Mrs. Potts and Plumette..” Mrs. Potts said opening the door “She has run away from her own wedding.. should we call the guard, Mrs. Potts?” Plumette asked “She hasn’t run from her wedding, Plumette. She’s running towards it.. All I ever wanted was for that child to be happy.. and she won’t be happy if she is forced into everything.” Mrs. Potts said “But her father will have them hunted down like wolves.” Plumette said “She will remain a prisoner if she were to marry Christían, but with Monsieur Gaston she’s free.. she has endless days in the sun. And a chance to be happy.” Mrs. Potts said “Gaston, when should we marry?” I asked “The sooner we wed, the better.” Gaston said “But planning a wedding takes time, and who knows how long it will take them to realize that I ran off again. I won’t go back until I’m Madame Gaston. And they will have no reason to keep us apart. I would spend every moment of the rest of my days in the village with you to a crown.. in a year or two raising children of our own.. a husband who specializes in hunting, so we wouldn’t fear starving.. who would I have if I had married that monster Christían? I would be forever heartbroken and alone..” I said “You never need fear loneliness again.. Close your eyes.. tell me what you see..” Gaston said, his hands rest softly on my shoulders “I see the village, the Tavern.. children.. and you.. everything I’ve ever dreamed of.. It’s beautiful..” I said, opening my eyes and turning to face him ‘We had gotten as far away from Paris as we could get.. where we would end up, we didn’t care as long as we stayed at each other’s side. Gaston was part of my life and not even death would keep us from each other.. I was his, and I knew in my heart of hearts that he was mine forevermore.. Gaston was my life. And I intended on being his..’

~End of Chapter Twenty Three~