1

Bournemouth, Dorset, England
September 3, 2017
10:03:51

°●○• JAMES •○●°

The ripping sound of packaging tape tickled his ears as he shut the last giant box closed. He sighed in relief then he pushed it alongside the other boxes that were of the same size at the corner of the room which was nearest to the front door.

He went to the kitchen and saw his wife packing up some food in a bag. She had been putting the cutlery in the bag until James lovingly hugged her from behind.

"James, Baby, you scared me." Karen told her husband while caressing the arms that were wrapped around her, and James let out a chuckle before planting a soft kiss on her temple.

"Ready for our new life, babe?" James asked her, then she turned around in her place and nodded her head.

"I just don't know how Connor's going to take it, though. You know how shy that teenager is." She, filled with concern, told her husband.

Today was the last day that they were going to spend in this house, which he bought after he married his wife. He; his wife, Karen; his son, Connor; and their cat, Mickey; were moving to Devon today as a result of his wife's promotion in her job.

"He will be alright." James assured her, and she just looked at the ground sadly.

"I'll go talk to him." James told his wife, then he let her go and went upstairs to his son's bedroom.

Since they have already packed everything, they slept on sleeping bags for the night. It wasn't that comfortable, to say the least.

James quietly opened his son's bedroom door. He saw his son still sleeping soundly in his sleeping bag with his headphones on. He chuckled at the sight and went towards his son.

James slowly knelt down to his son's level and woke him up. Connor's eyelids slowly fluttered open, then he rubbed the sleepy dust away from around his eyes.

"Morning, sleepyhead." James said while he ruffled his son's hair. Connor let out a mumble and turned away.

"Please don't do that, Dad." Connor groggily told him, and James just let out a chuckle.

"I'll keep doing it unless you're up." James told him sternly, and Connor immediately sat up with a jolt.

"Alright, I'm up." Connor told him, and James just gave him a smile.

"Get dressed, Con. We're leaving soon." James told him before standing up and going downstairs.

James joined his wife, who was petting their cat, and after half an hour, there was a huge lorry waiting for them outside their house. Eventually, James attended to the knocking sound at their front door.

"Good morning. Is this the McVey residence?" The moving man asked them, then James gave him a nod.

"We're here for the things and the furniture." He told James, who moved aside and let them enter the house.

One by one, they put the boxes and the furniture in the lorry. Soon enough, Connor went down with a rucksack behind him, clutching the sleeping bag he slept on earlier.