47

⚠ triggers

July 14, 2018
10:55:10

°●○• BRAD •○●°

After almost three weeks of staying at the hospital to recover, Brad can finally be discharged and allowed to go home. Before he left, however, his doctor did some final check-ups.

"How excited are you to go home, Brad?" The doctor asked Brad, who smiled.

"Really excited. I haven't seen my dog for so long." Brad expressed, then the doctor smiled at him.

"Good. Say hi to her for me." The doctor added, then he took a step away from Brad's bed.

"Okay. You're good to go." The doctor told Brad, who smiled at him. The nurses then assisted Brad to his wheelchair before wheeling him out of the room.

When Brad was outside, he saw Connor, who was on his phone. Brad's smile on his face immediately faded as he saw Connor look up at him. Connor, however, returned him a small smile as he walked towards him, his hands in his pockets as he did so.

"Hey." Connor softly told Brad, who returned him a small smile.

"Hi." Brad replied softly, then Connor cleared his throat awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" Brad asked Connor, who sighed before replying.

"I'm here to take you home. Your dad's on duty and your grandparents are at work, as well, so they asked me to take you home." Connor explained, then it was Brad's turn to sigh.

"For the record, I was reluctant when I was given the offer." Connor added, then Brad looked down on his lap. Ignoring Connor during the whole time that he was in the hospital was hard for him, but he knew that he had to.

"Should I wheel you outside or can you do it on your own?" Connor asked Brad, who looked at Connor. They both stared at each other coldly, then Brad nodded his head.

"You can help me, if you want." Brad told Connor, who walked towards the back of the wheelchair. Brad braced himself as he felt Connor pushing him towards the carpark, silence deafening them both as they did so.

Connor stopped the wheelchair when it was right in front of James' car. Connor unlocked the car while Brad stood up with the help of his wheelchair. At one point, the wheelchair moved, causing Brad to slip a little. The little commotion grabbed Connor's attention, and in no time flat, he was assisting Brad.

"Whoa, are you alright?" Connor asked Brad, who nodded his head. Connor opened the passenger's door and helped Brad in, then he folded the wheelchair and put it inside the backseat. Brad closed the door and put his seatbelt on, then he watched as Connor climbed in the driver's seat and gently closed the door.

"Look, I know that we're not exactly in talking terms right now, but I want to make sure that you're all good before we leave." Connor asked Brad, who looked at him heartlessly.

"How can I be 'all good' when I have an ankle that is still broken?" Brad tried to joke, but it came out a little flat. Connor smirked to himself and rolled his eyes before saying out his reply.

"And you expect me to start this car although I'm heartbroken?" Connor voiced his thoughts out, then Brad looked down on his lap and felt tears forming in his eyes.

Don't cry, Bradley. You're doing this for the both of you, remember?

"Nevermind." Connor commented before driving out of the carpark.

Brad looked at the road ahead of them as they drove through the busy streets of Exeter. He was trying his best to distract himself from the fact that he was still scared of travelling inside a car because of the accident, but where else can he look when all he could see around him are windows?