25

Same day
17:43:12

"Brad, what are we doing here?" Connor looked at him, and Brad glanced at him and gave him a smile.

"It's a surprise." Brad told him with a wink, and Connor slumped back on his seat.

"Brad, we're an hour away from home. Don't you think that this place is too far?" Connor asked him, then Brad took the next turn.

"Too far? But we're already here." Brad said as he quickly pulled in a parking space.

Once the engine was off, they both climbed out of the car and went to the local fair, then they both decided to go on the ferris wheel. They ran towards it like cheetahs and bought a ticket, then they rode a cart like a pair of giddy kids.

The view at the top was very beautiful, but Brad thought that Connor was more beautiful than it.

Brad felt Connor's pinky rubbing against his hand, and Brad knew that it was fate calling for his next move. Brad held his hand, which made Connor look at him in surprise, then Brad stared at Connor's ocean blue eyes.

"Is this alright?" Brad asked him, then Connor nodded his head.

"It's comforting." Connor replied with a big smile, and Brad chuckled at him.

Before they both knew it, they were both leaning into each other. Brad closed his eyes, but he felt Connor resting his forehead against his.

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to." Connor told Brad, who opened his eyes and just looked at him in sadness.

"But I want to." Brad told him honestly, and Connor just shook his head no.

"Brad, you have girls chasing you all over school, I'm nothing compared to-" Connor told him but Brad shushed him instead.

"No, listen to me, Connor." Brad started, then he held Connor's other hand.

"I don't want to be with any of those girls, Con. I want to be with you." Brad told him, and Connor just widened his eyes in shock.

"I like you, Con. A lot. And, if that's not enough, then, I l-lo..." Brad couldn't say it. He was too scared of Connor's reaction.

"You what, Brad?" Connor asked him, but Brad couldn't hold it in any longer.

He leaned over and abruptly kissed Connor on his lips, and Connor was obviously very surprised. Eventually, Connor started to kiss him back, then Brad pulled Connor's chin closer to really feel the kiss; sparks flew as their lips moved in sync.

When they pulled apart from the kiss, they rested their foreheads against each other. Brad cleared his throat and started to speak.

"I've always wanted to do that ever since I've accepted the fact that I am in love with you." Brad breathed, and Connor just looked at him in his eyes.

"I love you, Connor, no matter what happened in the past. I love you, and nothing will change that." Brad told him, and Connor was lovestruck.

"Brad, I don't know what to say." Connor told him, but Brad just held his hand.

"I love you, too, but I don't want to hurt your feelings. What if I'm unintentionally using you to get over my past? What if I actually don't love you back and that the kiss we just shared was fake and--" Brad put a finger on Connor's lips.

"You're rambling." Brad told him with a huge smile, and Connor chuckled back.

"Anyway, I think it would be an absolute honour if my heart was broken by Connor McVey." Brad told him, and Connor nodded the same.