T

Exeter, Devon, England
July 15, 1999
16:54:29

°●○• JAMES •○●°

"Trissy?" James asked his boyfriend as he walked towards him. Tristan immediately closed the book he was reading and put it behind his back.

"What are you doing?" James asked him, and Tristan shook his head no.

"Uh, nothing. Nothing." Tristan said, and James knew that he was doing something secretly.

"What are you doing?" James asked him again, and Tristan tried to keep his laughter in as James approached him and gave him a tickle attack.

"What were you doing in my bedroom?!" James exclaimed playfully as he started tickling Tristan on his weakest spots.

"Nothing!" Tristan managed to say in between tickles. James eventually made Tristan move and saw his journal resting on the bed next to Tristan.

"Were you reading my journal?" James told him, obviously a little disappointed.

"I-I was." Tristan frowned, then James opened it and skimmed it.

"And you even made side comments." James told him sadly, then he sighed and put his journal back in its place on his nightstand before sitting down next to Tristan, who was still on the bed.

"I'm sorry, James. I know you don't want anyone else to read it, but I'm just concerned about you. You've been sad lately and I want to know what's really going on, so I thought that maybe I'll know the answer by reading your journal." Tristan told him, then James sighed.

"I can't stay mad at you for too long, Baby, but I'm not going to lie, I'm actually fairly disappointed." James told him honestly, and Tristan held his hand.

"I understand. I shouldn't have done it." Tristan told him sadly, then James took his journal again and read the comments Tristan wrote in his journal.

James, you aren't fucked up. You're amazing - remember that. Whatever I said in the past isn't true - you're the best guy I've ever met.

"Is this true?" James asked Tristan, who gave him a small and sincere smile and nodded his head. James smiled then he continued reading the sweet comments Tristan made.

But now you know that I ignored you so that my parents will think that their plan didn't work and that we could talk more, eh?

"Yeah. I sure do." James told Tristan, who laid his head on his shoulder.

Were you really that mad at me? I'm veryyyyyy sorry baby

"I still am." James said sternly, and Tristan formed a frown on his face. James looked at him and smiled at his boyfriend before kissing his temple.

"I'm just kidding." James told him, then they continued reading the journal.

I KNOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

"Oh my god." James told Tristan, who chuckled in reply.

too late to say that mate

"I guess it's also too late to forgive you, then?" James asked Tristan, who pouted again. James just gave him a chuckle as he continued reading the notes Tristan wrote.

Little did you know that this was the moment when I fell for you...now you know

James didn't give a side comment for this one. Instead, James turned his head and gave Tristan a small kiss, then he continued to read. Tristan rested his chin on James' shoulder as he peered over.

James, baby, I can't. This is too cute!

"You're cuter." James said as he pulled Tristan closer to him.

right, you hate the g-word

"No, I don't! That's what they told me." James defended.

"Oh. Oops." Tristan replied subtly, then James chuckled.

JAMESSSSS I'M GOING TO BE SICK STOOOOOP

"Is it because you're cringing?" James asked Tristan, who shook his head no.

"It's because it's too cute for me to handle. I mean it as a compliment." Tristan explained, then James nodded his head and continued to read.

lies, you can't resist me Jamezzz

James stuck his tongue out to Tristan, who smirked.

"Read the next ones." Tristan told James, who obeyed what he said.

OOPS THERE IT IS

but maybe you are, hmm?

"Why is my boyfriend so funny?" James whispered to Tristan, who winked at him.

"It's to balance your uptight nature, babe." Tristan sassed, then James rolled his eyes and lightly smacked Tristan's arm before reading again.

"Bellend." James muttered, then Tristan laughed out loud in reaction. It was Tristan's favourite insult, if he had to be honest.

This is the day you changed my life, babe

James smiled at Tristan's last comment, then he closed the journal and put it back on his nightstand. Tristan looked at James, who didn't know what to feel.

"I completely understand if you're mad at me. I should have not snooped in and read--" Tristan started to apologise, but James cut him off.

"It's fine. I can't be mad at you anymore. It's so embarrassing, though. I can't believe you read all that. Plus, I'm a crap writer." James told Tristan, who immediately disagreed.

"It's not crap, James. It's wonderful. It made me see a new side of you that I'm willing to treasure."

"Yeah, but still..." James trailed off, then Tristan held his hand.

"If you're still embarrassed about it, don't worry, I can just simply forget about it, okay?" Tristan told him, then James nodded.

"But, before I do forget about it, please remember that you don't have to hide anything from me, Baby. From what I've read, you're going to be one of the greatest known writers one day." Tristan told him with a smile, then they shared a sweet kiss.

"I love you, Tris." James told him, and Tristan cracked a smile.

"I love you, too, J." Tristan replied back, then they shared a passionate kiss.

---

Exeter, Devon
England, UK
July 15, 1999

Dear Diary,

I spent my last day here with Tristan.

Tomorrow, my family and I will go to my grandparents' house in London and live a new life there.

Tristan and I promised to stay in touch. He'll visit me as much as he can, and I'll do the same. It will be devastating, but I think it's better than breaking up.

We love each other no matter what, and I promise to keep him safe forever in my heart.

I love you, Tristan Oliver Vance Evans.

And I always will.

With all my love,
James

🌟🌟🌟

brb crying ✌

~ Kat and Dani :)