17

October 26, 2017
12:33:24

°●○• BRAD •○●°

"Why do you look so down?" Dave asked him while they were eating lunch. He was right; apparently, Brad had been playing with his food.

"I don't know. I guess it was because of yesterday." Brad told them, then Lance gave him a confused look.

"What happened yesterday?" Lance asked him, then Brad sighed.

"I was waiting for Connor then the coach came to me and said that Connor was hit by a football. I brought him to the hospital and God knows what happened next." Brad told them, then they both swallowed nervously, which Brad noticed.

"What?" Brad asked them, and they scratched the back of their necks.

"We were...the ones who kicked the football to Connor's head." Dave admitted, and Brad looked at them as if his eyes were about to pop out of his head.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well, we thought that it was a great idea. Isn't that what you want?" Lance asked him, and Brad rolled his eyes.

"It really isn't if it costs me money. I had to pay for all the scans he went through and the bandage they placed on his head yesterday." Brad explained, then they both shrugged.

"You're loaded, anyway." Dave told him, then Brad sighed. He stood up from his lunch table, gathered his stuff and grabbed his tray.

"Brad, where are you going?" Lance told him, but Brad continued walking towards the bin and threw the contents of his tray away.

He walked as fast as he could to his car, then he immediately drove to Connor's house. His next two periods were free so he was fine.

He walked towards the front door and rang the doorbell. Moments later, the door suddenly opened, revealing Connor's dad standing behind it.

"Good afternoon, Mr. McVey. Is Connor around? I didn't see him at school today." Brad asked him, and James nodded.

"He is, but I doubt that he wants people inside his room, and I assume you know why." James told him, then Brad nodded and took a step back.

"I understand. Please give him my best regards." Brad replied, then James stopped him from walking.

"You brought Con to the hospital, did you?" James asked him, and Brad nodded his head.

"Thank you for that." James told him, then Brad nodded his head.

"You're welcome." He said as politely as he could, but then he saw James looking at his car.

"Is that your ride?" James asked, then Brad nodded his head nervously. James chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

"I used to drive a car just like that. It's amazing." James told him, then Brad chuckled back.

"She is." Brad replied, then James gave him a warm smile.

"Well, thank you for stopping by." James told him warmly, and Brad nodded.