22

Same day
04:25:11

°●○• CONNOR •○●°

He didn't know what to feel when he went inside his house. Everything seemed very calm; it was as if nothing happened and he's already out of school.

That was, until his dad appeared through the archway that was separating the lounge and the kitchen. His dad obviously looked very stressed, and his eyes, which were underneath his glasses, were filled with disappointment.

"James, I found Connor at the diner near our house." His mum told his dad, who sighed.

"With Brad." His mum added, and James immediately turned angry.

Connor instinctively swallowed the lump in his throat, then his dad faked a cough and cleared his throat.

"So, Connor, where have you been?" James asked him, and Connor sighed.

"Brad showed me around town." Connor told him, then James raised an eyebrow.

"Brad?" He asked, then Connor nodded sheepishly.

"I thought we had an agreement, Connor." James told him, and Connor bowed his head down.

"We did. I'm so sorry I broke it, Dad." Connor told him, then his dad lifted his chin up so that he would face him.

"Do you really want to be hurt over and over again by that boy? He's manipulating you, Connor. I thought that you were going to keep him from your life forever." James told him, and Connor decided to not speak a word.

"You're grounded for a week, Connor. I'll take you to and pick you up from school every day for the rest of the month. You will never hang out with him again." James told him, and Connor nodded his head as he went upstairs to his room.

"But for the record, Dad, Brad is a nice guy now. I thought you taught me to forgive and forget?" Connor said loudly as he clutched his school bag and went inside his room and closed the door.

He leaned against the door and looked at the necklace he was wearing. From that moment on, he knew that he just lost a great friend.

°●○• BRAD •○●°

When he drove past his own house, he saw Dave's car parked in front of it. He sighed as he parked his car in the garage and went outside to meet with his friends.

"Hey." Brad told them sadly, then Dave raised an eyebrow.

"Um, where have you been? Why are you out of your uniform?" Dave asked him, and Brad sighed.

"It's none of your business." Brad told them, then Lance rolled his eyes.

"It is if you sneak out of school without inviting us." Lance told him, and Brad scoffed.

"Seriously? How'd you both find out?" Brad asked them, then Dave cleared his throat.

"You and Connor weren't in Music class earlier." Dave told him as he looked at his shoes.

"Why don't you both come inside?" Brad told them, then they nodded their heads.

They all walked inside the house awkwardly and Brad headed towards the kitchen, where he served tea and some crackers for his friends.