11

Same day
15:03:33

°●○• CONNOR •○●°

Connor followed his dad to the parking lot. They both climbed in the car, and his dad, instead of starting the car, just sat there and stared at the windshield.

"Dad? Are you alright?" Connor asked his dad, who sighed in reply.

"Was Brad the one who bullied you since the very start?" James asked him, and Connor just stared at him with tears forming in his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it, Dad." Connor told his dad, who sighed and started driving.

Connor was surprised when his dad parked the car at a small restaurant. They both climbed out of the car and they went inside.

They sat a table and were given a menu. Connor just looked at his dad, who scanned the whole menu.

"Dad, what are we doing here?" Connor asked him, then his dad looked at him and put the menu down.

"Just order anything you like. Your mum's cooking later, by the way, so I suggest ordering something that's not so heavy." His dad told him, then Connor nodded his head. He continued scanning his menu then his dad called for a waiter.

"I'll have a cappuccino, please." James told the waiter, then he wrote down his order.

"I'll have the chicken sandwich with chips on the side, please. That's all." Connor told the waiter, then the waiter went off and placed their order.

"Con, when I was your age, I was also bullied a lot. I told my dad what my problem was, and I felt better. I want you to do that same, that is, if it will make you feel better." His dad told him, and Connor played with his thumbs.

"I want to tell you, Dad, but I can't." Connor told him, and his dad sighed.

"I promise that I won't judge you." His dad told him, then Connor took a deep breath.

"Brad spread a rumour...well, actually, a truth, about me. Many people tormented me after knowing it, and they just won't stop." Connor told him, then his dad shot him a frown.

"Oh, Con. Whatever the truth is, always remember that your mum and I will still accept you no matter how good or bad it is. We love you and nothing will ever change that. Your tormentors are just failing to see how much of a beautiful person you are." His dad told him, then Connor nodded his head.

"Thank you, Dad. I love you both as well." Connor told him, then their orders were brought to the table.

They continued talking while eating when Connor's dad's phone started ringing. He fished it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" He said through the phone, and he sighed after listening on the phone for around a minute, while he hummed in reply multiple times during the call, that is.

"What do you mean by 'tomorrow'?" His dad whined, then he sighed afterwards. Connor took a mouthful of chips and chewed it slowly.

"Alright, I'll tell him." His father told the caller in defeat.

"Okay. I love you, too. Bye." His dad finally said, and Connor inferred that his father was talking to his mum.