K

Exeter, Devon
England, UK
December 14, 1998

Dear Diary,

Happy Holidays!

Sigh.

Not happy for me.

My dad went around and found me a job. Because of that, I am now a gift wrapper during the holidays. Also, we won't be able to celebrate Christmas with Mum this year, which is a total bummer.

Apparently, we've run out of money during the year for some reason, so we couldn't go there. Mum could come all the way from Bournemouth, but for some reason, my dad said that it's not a good suggestion.

I know that their divorce was very unexpected and that their marriage didn't end so well...kind of (because my mum and dad are still on very good terms), but their attempts at keeping our family whole can't just end like this.

Our family will never be whole anymore, and it will be just like me; I'm incomplete when Tristan isn't around me. -> James, baby, I can't. This is too cute!

Cue another sigh here.

I miss him, Diary. I miss him so much that I wanted to talk to him today just to wish him a happy holiday. I've learned from other people that, unfortunately, his parents told him to never be with me again, for they can't have a son 'who likes the same sex'. -> right, you hate the g-word

We've walked past each other at the school corridors, seen each other in our Music class, and ignored each other completely. No contact, no phone calls, no anything. Just plain, deafening silence.

Whenever we would walk past each other, I'd look at him and shoot a smile, and he would return the same gesture, but that was it. We've gone back to our friend groups and although I wasn't alone, I felt lonely.

Jems knew exactly how I feel. I told him all of my problems, then he listened to my every word. He didn't know what he should say but he promised that he will be with me no matter what. He understood me, and I owe him for that.

That's all, Diary. Unfortunately, I'm not in the mood to do anything at the moment.

Get your pages ready for long paragraphs about how my day went.

James

🌟🌟🌟

Yes, this is an early update that is released late...oops?

~ Kat and Dani :)