27

December 4, 2017
07:00:01

°●○• CONNOR •○●°

He slowly opened his eyes as his alarm rang on his nightstand. He grabbed it and turned it off, then he sighed and lazily looked at the ceiling above him.

He no longer had nightmares anymore.

Despite that, he felt very restless.

He turned his alarm off and got out of bed. He folded his sheets neatly and went to the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the mirror and saw the dark circles under his eyes. He shook his head in disapproval and took a quick shower, then he used his mum's make-up to cover them. He shaved his face a little bit and got changed into his uniform.

As usual, he went downstairs to the dining table. He immediately sat on his usual chair and put his bag down, trying to make as little noise as possible.

"Good morning!" His mum cheered, and he just returned her a small and fake smile.

"Morning." Connor replied, then he saw his dad look at him with a raised eyebrow.

Things with his father haven't been the same since that Saturday night. They acted awkwardly towards one another, and his mum even tried making them to talk to each other, but to no luck.

Connor has never seen his father this disappointed before. He wanted to console him but he's too scared to do so, since this side of his father was completely new to him.

His mum served his plate of pancakes right in front of him, then he ate half of it, like usual. His dad looked at the pancakes left on his plate and sighed.

"You're thinning. Eat a little more." His dad told him, then Connor shook his head no.

"I'm already full, thank you." Connor replied, then his dad nodded his head and continued eating his meal.

"I'm going to go to school now." Connor announced as he stood up from his seat. He was about to grab his school bag and go out the door when his mum stopped him from doing so.

"I'll take you there." She said with a smile, then they awkwardly said goodbye to his dad. They both went inside and climbed in the car.

"You didn't have to tell Dad to talk to me. I know he can't." Connor said as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Con, I didn't tell him anything." She told him as she started the car, then he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, fine. I told him to at least try. You two barely talked yesterday." She told him, then Connor sighed.

"Well, I don't know how to talk to him. I haven't seen this side of him before." Connor told her honestly, and her mum shook her head as she focused on the road.

"Well, I have. And, trust me, the best thing to do is to be sweet. Apologise and whatnot." She told him, then Connor nodded his head.

"I'll try, I promise." He said, then they both went to school in complete silence.

She dropped him off then he met with Alvin and Nick. They gave him a smile and he smiled back.