39

⚠ triggers

January 29, 2018
14:21:34

°●○• CONNOR •○●°

Ever since the school paid their respects to Connor's mum, Connor felt like nothing but a complete outcast. He was treated differently by almost everyone, and it was something that he's not really comfortable with.

Even Alvin and Nick didn't know what to do. They continued being his friends, of course, but they were more careful in the words that they would use. Although they never showed it blantantly, Connor could feel it.

Connor could also feel the stares of the other people looking at the back of his head as he put his books inside his locker. He tried his best not to mind it and just focus on what he was doing instead, so when he closed his locker door, he wasn't expecting to see Sam looking at him.

"Hey, Conrad." Sam told him with a fake smile, then Connor slung a strap of his bag on his shoulder.

"I-it's Connor, actually." Connor said shyly, then Sam smirked and rested an arm against a locker as he tried to keep his 'cool reputation' up.

"Whatever. There's a party at my place on Wednesday night. You're invited." Sam told him with a cheeky grin, then Connor politely shook his head no.

"What do you mean 'no'? Come on, Conrad. You need it. You have to forget about the past and let lose. I'll sort out the drugs." Sam told Connor, who immediately frowned.

"I-I don't do drugs." Connor told Sam, who pushed him against the row of lockers.

"Bullshit. We all know that it's not true. Plus, I'm trying to help you, Mate. The only way that you can cope with your mum's death is by smoking and drinking. Come on, join us." Sam told Connor, who pushed Sam away. Sam was taken aback, then he grabbed Connor by the ear and pinched it hard, causing Connor to whimper in pain.

"Why? Is it because you want to live longer? Well, guess what? You don't deserve to live because you killed your mum. I bet she's so stressed out with you before you moved in here. Maybe that's the reason why she didn't tell you and your father that she has cancer." Sam hissed, and Connor widened his eyes in shock.

"How did you--" Connor managed to croak out while in pain, then Sam smirked widely.

"It was my aunt who diagnosed her, idiot. And, well, it makes a lot of sense. She wanted to kill herself for raising such a disappointment of a son." Sam told Connor, who landed on the lockers with a thud as Sam let go of his ear and pushed him away. Connor took a while to compose himself, but Sam's words kept on ringing in his forehead.

His mum told him that the reason why she didn't tell anyone is that because their family already had enough problems back then that she didn't want to add to that list of problems. Looking back, Connor realised how much he connected with all of his family's problems, then he was left in shock.

He believed that he killed his own mum.

That's when things went downhill. Within seconds, Connor immediately felt his chest tighten until he couldn't breathe, then he started to gasp for air. Sam plastered a smug smile on his face as he left Connor alone. Connor's chest gave in to the heavy pain that his brain had been making, then his legs gave in, as well, and he dropped to the ground, his body making a loud thud as he did so. He put his hands on the sides of his head and tried to massage it to calm himself down, but he couldn't.

Maybe this was how Mum felt when she was dying. I can't believe that I actually killed her. Connor thought to himself as hot tears started to spill from his face. The people who were staring at him a while ago were still staring at him, but now, they were gathered together in a huge crowd, watching him as he lost control of the voices inside his head.