B

Exeter, Devon
England, UK
September 8, 1998

Dear Diary,

Hi. It's James. Again.

I've already told you about what happened yesterday in school. So far, James (I think I'm going to start calling him Jems so that it won't be confusing) showed me around in school. At the end of the 'tour', he led me to the Music room, which is probably the best room I've ever seen in my life.

Not only is it the best because of the instruments in display, but it is also because of the person I saw.

Mum and Dad might kill me for what I'm about to say, so they should not know anything about this.

He was angelic; he had blond hair, a chiseled jawline, hypnotising blue eyes and the best smile and laugh ever. I swear, from the moment I saw him, I felt something twitching inside.

Yup, it was love. Maybe, at least. Who am I to say what it was?

His name, I learned, was Tristan. He was the school's assigned drummer. Yes, he's that good.

Jems told me that he's bad news, though. He's reportedly a very spoiled brat who uses his parents' riches to boss everyone around. To go to anywhere else, he's driven around in his dad's BMW convertible. Before he goes to the mall, his mum gives him £250 to spend. They live in one of the wealthiest subdivisions here. That's why everyone's afraid of him. He could literally buy his way out of anything.

Here's the interesting part; while he was banging the drums (by the way, Diary, this sounds so wrong), our eyes locked together. Poetically, the butterflies in my stomach flew around and my eyes sparkled brighter than the stars above.

At least, that's how I thought of the moment. It probably isn't the same to him.

The thing is, I knew all along that I was never attracted to girls, instead, I was attracted to boys no matter what.

But this boy, Diary, was no ordinary boy. He made me freeze in my seat and stare at his god-like features. He made my pupils expand to a size I cannot even measure. He made my heart beat faster than the beat he made with his drums, yet they were basically the same - steady and rhythmic. He wasn't like anyone else.

He was special.

And I personally want to get to know him better, whatever the cost.

I'm willing to risk everything.

With love,
James

🌟🌟🌟

Earlier than Thursday, as promised 😊

~ Kat and Dani :)