21

Same day
10:40:30

°●○• CONNOR •○●°

Connor was in the middle of doodling on his notebook in the middle of Spanish class when someone knocked on the door.

"Mr. Evans. How can I help you?" Their Spanish teacher asked Brad as he stood by the doorway.

"The guidance counselor gave me a pass to excuse Connor from your class. He says it's urgent." Brad told him, and the teacher gave him a sceptical look.

"May I ask what the urgency is?"

"It's something about a sick relative? I don't know, that's what it says here." Brad told the teacher as he pointed to the piece of paper, which the teacher read.

"Alright. Mr. McVey, you are excused from class." He said, then Connor quickly packed all his things and went out of the classroom.

"Which one of my relatives is sick?" Connor worriedly asked Brad.

"Your nonexistent cousin from another town." Brad said as he shrugged his shoulders and crumpled the pass then threw it in the bin.

"Wait..." Connor told him, and Brad immediately gave him a huge grin as he pulled Connor to the parking lot.

When they were at the door, they saw the school headmaster walking towards their direction. They immediately hid behind the topiary near the front doors, hoping that they won't get caught.

When the headmaster passed through the doors without noticing them, they immediately sighed in relief. They got out from their hiding place and went straight to Brad's car.

Brad unlocked the doors and they both climbed in. He put the key in the ignition but then he saw the guard at the back gates through his mirror.

"Shit." Brad muttered as he looked at the guard.

"Stay down." Brad told Connor, who immediately crouched low in his seat, and he brought a phone out of his pocket and looked for a number.

"Can you do a flawless Scottish accent, you know, like Professor Abernathy's?" He asked Connor, who nodded his head, took the phone from Brad's hands and cleared his throat. He pressed the call button and waited for the receiver to pick up.

"Hello?" The receiver said down the phone, and Brad looked at the guard, who was also on his phone.

"Mike, it's Professor Abernathy. I'm kind of having problems in opening the comfort room here in the 4th floor, at the right wing of the building. Can you check the door out?" Connor said down the phone with a Scottish accent, which the security guard seemed to believe.

"No problem. I'll be up there in a minute." The guard said, then he hung up. Brad saw him grab a huge set of keys with him, then he went inside the school building.

Once no one was looking, he immediately twisted the key in the ignition and drove out of the school's back gates with no one noticing.

"Oh my god, I honestly thought we were never going to get past that!" Connor exclaimed, and Brad returned a laugh.

"What do you mean by that? You've got a lovely accent!" Brad praised him, and Connor hid his face from Brad as he blushed in his seat.

"Erm, thanks." He said shyly, then he looked at where they were going, only to realise that he didn't know the place that much.

"Where're we going?" Connor asked Brad, who glanced at him with a smug smile on his face.

"We're going on a little tour."