33

Same day
16:27:24

°●○• TRISTAN •○●°

He went to Karen's room to update himself on her situation. When he got there, he saw that the door was closed, so he peered in the room through the small window.

He saw James sitting right next to the bed. He was holding his wife's hand as she smiled widely at him, then James started to talk.

"I love you so much, Karen. We'll get through this, okay?" James told her, then she nodded her head. Tristan knocked on the door three times before inviting himself in.

"Oh, was I interrupting something?" Tristan asked them, then they nodded their heads. Tristan blushed and looked down on the ground before walking towards them.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to do some check-ups." Tristan told them both, then he did what he had to do. James watched him intently, which just added to the pressure.

"Where's Connor?" Karen asked them both, then Tristan answered for her.

"He's with Brad." Tristan told her, then she sighed.

"I wanted to see him..." She said to herself, but James heard her.

"Don't worry. I can call Brad and just tell him to take Connor here." Tristan assured Karen, who smiled gratefully in reply.

"Thank you for doing your best, Doc." James told Tristan when he was done, and Tristan smiled at him.

"It's no problem." Tristan replied, then he went out of the room and tried to forget what he just saw.

Oh, and to forget about the pain that he was feeling in his heart.

Wait, what?

Same day
16:31:55

°●○• BRAD •○●°

When he found Connor sobbing outside the canteen, Brad didn't force Connor to tell him what his problem was. Instead, he spoiled Connor by keeping him company for the rest of the day.

They were in the middle of playing Connor's video games when his dad called him.

"I have to take this." Brad told Connor, who nodded his head in reply. Brad stood up from the floor and went out of Connor's bedroom, then he answered the call.

"Hi, Dad."

"Hey, B. How are things?"

"Fine, I...guess. Where are you?"

"I'm still at the hospital. I'm keeping James company."

"Oh." Brad smirked to himself.

"Look, um, why don't you and Connor come by my office and have some dinner? It's on me." His dad told him, then Brad sighed.

"I kind of have a problem, Dad." Brad admitted bitterly.

"Continue."

"I don't think Connor wants to go to the hospital. Well, not yet, anyway."