Chapter 12 - Sunrise

"Ember..."

"Ember wake up.."

I woke to someone gently shaking me.

I yawned to see Levi stood at the side of my bed.

"Levi, its 5am, what's up?" I yawned again, looking at the time on my phone.

It was still dark outside.

"Yeah I know, get ready and meet me in the hall, I want to show you something. Oh bring your board too." He whispered with a smile.

"This better be worth it Jones." I said, rubbing my eyes as I sat up.

"It will, trust me." He smiled before leaving the room, leaving me to get changed.

I hated early mornings, especially during the holidays when I had now real reason to get up, not like I had school or anything.

I yawned yet again as I swing my legs out from under the covers and got to my feet, which I can assure you was a great effort at 5:05am.

After going over to my wardrobe and pulling out a pair of light blue jeans, a white t-shirt with pale purple sleeves and my purple vans I went into the bathroom to get changed and sort out the birds nest on my head.

10 minutes later I was ready and after slipping my phone in my pocket and grabbing my board, I headed downstairs. I also grabbed a hoodie, which I presumed was Nate's on the way, seeing as I could be a little chilly this early in the morning.

"You ready?" Levi smiled as I reached the hall, where he was waiting next to the front door with his own skateboard.

He was dressed in black jeans, a deep red shirt and denim jacket, also with his black vans.

"Yup." I nodded with a smile.

"Lets go then." He grinned, opening the door and gesturing for me to go first.

"Nice hoodie by the way." He then added, turning around with a grin.

That's when it clicked. From the grin he'd just looked at me with I'm guessing the hoodie I thought belonged to Nate was actually his.

"Oh sorry Levi, I thought it was Nate's, I'll go get a different one." I said, beginning to take it off.

"No its fine, looks nice one you." He smiled, stopping me from taking it off.

"You sure?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded before gesturing to the open door.

After he quietly closed and lock the door behind us we headed off skating down the street, in the opposite direction we went the other day to the park.

The only light came from the streetlights that lit up sections of the route. This was also the most empty I'd ever seen the streets of LA since being here, which was almost 4 weeks.

How time flies when your having a great time. However it also meant that I had only two and a half weeks left with the boys and to be honest, I didn't ever want to leave. I felt like I truly fit in with them and could be myself, something I'd wanted for a long time.

"Levi where are we going?" I asked as we continued to skate along the dark streets.

"You'll see." He responded, skating slightly ahead as he was leading the way.

As we got closer to the sea a small breeze began to pick up, making me thankful of my choice to bring the hoodie.

As well as more breezy, the path also began to turn into more of an up hill slope, which made it more difficult to skate along.