Chapter 25 - Give Me A Reason To Stay

I stared at the sight in front of me as I slowly backed away.

How could the person I trusted more than anyone betray me? The person who I told my secret to, who I told everything to. All of the times he promised he'd always be there, all of the times he promised everything would be ok.

It took me so long to be able to trust him and just when I thought I'd found the person I could trust most he goes and destroys it all.

Was everything he ever said to me a lie?

Libby was right, maybe he did just feel sorry for me and now he's found someone a lot better than me.

I let out a shaky breath as the image of Levi with his arms wrapped around Libby, the two of them laughing and him kissing her head fading out of my view. As it did I saw Libby's dad walk over and shake Levi's hand.

She was probably already turning him against me, eventually managing to make all four of the boys hate me.

I held back the tears as I walked back through the corridors of the backstage area of the arena. It was as if I was in some kind of trans you'd see in the movies when someone is in shock. Everything around me seemed to be in blurry slow motion, all of the sounds echoing.

I walked into the boys dressing room, I grabbed my backpack and the hoodie I'd been wearing before turning to walk out, warm tears now slowly beginning to escape.

"Hey Ember there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you." Nate smiled as he appeared in the doorway.

However his smile soon faded when he looked at me.

"Hey are you ok? What's happened?" He asked walking over to me reaching his arms out to pull me into a hug but I shook my head, backing away.

"Em what's wrong?" He asked, the concern in his voice clear.

"I want to go home." I said so quietly it was almost a whisper.

I suppose this happening in my hometown was the only positive of the situation. At least I'd be able to get back home easily.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I want to go back home Nate. Off the tour." I said a little louder, more tears falling.

"Ok, ok Ember." He said, being able to tell I was beginning to get worked up.

"You go get your bag of the bus and I'll find someone to get you home." Nate then said, clearly not wanting to upset me even more and keep me as calm as he could.

I stayed quiet and simply nodded as I reply.

I followed Nate out of the room but walked down the opposite corridor to the underground car park area where the bus was parked.

After opening the door I quietly stepped inside, checking none of the boys (especially Levi) were on it yet.

When I knew they weren't I went up the stairs, stuffing all of my remaining belongings off my bunk into my small suitcase.

Once everything was packed I reached up and pulled my plectrum necklace over my head. I held it in my palm for a moment, looking down at the words engraved onto the back. Whatever You Go Through I'll Be There.

Those words that meant the world to me, but not anymore.

I reached across to the bunk behind my own and placed the necklace onto the Pokemon themed pillow.

I then grabbed my suitcase and headed back down the stairs, letting out a sigh as I closed the tour bus door behind me.

Nate then came walking towards the bus.