Chapter 8 - Studio Songs

"Well Ember welcome to The Tides studio experience" Drew spoke as we walked into a large room.

"Please enjoy your stay " Levi added before all five of us laughed at the bonkers pair.

We were literally in a musicians paradise. Everywhere you looked these was instruments, amps, speakers and everything else you could need.

On the opposite side of the room a space was already set up for the boys with three mic stands, Levi's bass, Drew's guitar and Nate's drum kit.

"So which songs are we recording again?" Nate asked the others as I hopped on a large box slightly to the side.

"Young Love, What You Give and then a cover of Cake By The Ocean" Austin replied as they all took their places.

They were running the song through a couple of times before actually going into the recording studio in the next room, which I was quite happy about.

This was the first time I was actually going the hear the boys sing as a band (without sticking my head through a small gap in the music room door) and I was pretty excited about it. Especially as I'd get to hear two of their own songs.

"Let's do Young Love first" Drew suggests picking up his guitar from its stand.

His guitar was white and as his picked it up I caught sight of some pink tape on the back forming the words 'You're Hot'. My guess is he did that himself.

They then began to play the song as Austin started to sing.

'They keep saying we don't know a thing

We're just kids pretending love is just a game..."

Just from the first few lines and as it came to the chorus, I ended up clapping along.

They call it young love

And they don't take it serious

As if they know what's best for us

But we won't ever give it up

Wanna feel this way for ever young love

Ok I had to admit these guys are pretty good, in fact more than good, they're amazing.

No doubt I'm going to have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day but I wasn't complaining.

"So Ember what do you think?" Levi asked once they're finished the song, much to my disappointment as I was enjoying it so much.

"You guys are awesome! I had no idea you were that good" I grinned as I clapped from my seat on the box.

"Aww thanks, we hope the fans are gonna like it too, even though we have already played it at shows a few times" Austin grinned, the four of them looking quite proud.

Next they sang a cover of Cake By The Ocean before another one of their songs called What You Give, which was just as good as Young Love.

They then headed into the recording studio and seeing as there was only enough room for them, their manager and the small number of tech people, I decided to have a wander around.

Turned out that this place was quite a bit bigger than I'd first thought.

Nate's suggestion was that I went to find some food as they'd probably be in the room for a couple of hours. However seeing as this place seemed to have never ending halls that idea might be harder than he thought.

"Excuse me you're looking a little lost, do you need some help?" I voice asked as feom behind as I hit another dead end of rooms.

"Yes please, I'm looking for somewhere I could get some food." I replied awkwardly, spinning around to see a girl, maybe around 18/19 stood there with a warm smile.