Street fights

(Eren's POV)

I started to get hungry and I needed money. I didn't have anything and my hunger was taking over hour after hour.
I decided to go to the only safe place I know, the dark alleyways. Where I can't be found by anyone.

As I was walking, I heard some street punks talking about a big tournament that's was gonna happen a few hours later. I approached the punks.

"Hey. What's this tournament you're talking about?" I asked. They looked at me and noticed that I look like I'm the athletic type.

"Yyea. This tournament, my friend, is the next big thing. You can win lots of money. You enter the ring, beat up a few opponents and win!" One of them said.

"Wanna join in?" The other asked.

"Yea. I'm down. Where do I sign in?"

(Later that day)

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! The man, the myth, the legend, the BONE BREAKER!!" I heard the announcer introduce the last and final opponent.

The tournament was held underground. It had a big arena where dozens of people watched people getting beat up and nearly die. It was a horrible sight and I didn't want to do this now that I found out what's happening, but I had no choice. I threw my old tattered and bloodied clothes at some wall and webbed them there as part of target practice and wore my wrestling outfit. A cheap red and blue outfit comprised of blue pants, red shirt and a red mask.

I needed the money.

And Then there came my turn.

"And the challenger... the new rookie who surprised us all by crushing and destroying his way to the finals..."

"Hey! This is not what I did! I just beat them up till they got too tired to continue! He's making me seem like the bad guy!" I said.

Then i felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see it was a hooker and not any hooker, a teen hooker.

"Don't worry big guy. He's boosting your confidence. Making you feel stronger. Embrace it!" She said.

"No. That's not who I am." I said.

"The Arachno-Man!" (Btw that is an actual comic book character)

"The arachno man? Really?"

I was named that because of the spider logo on the t-shirt of my red costume and belt that I requested to be made in honor of the spider that gave me these awesome powers. Even though usually spiders don't give you powers when you get bitten by them.

I started walking all the way to the ring that was in the middle. The bone breaker was towering over me.
'A 5'7" teen against a 6'6" dude with fat and muscle all over? Is this a fair fight? Well I have powers... ah, screw it. I'll just finish him like I did to the others.'

"So you're the new rookie? I thought that I might finally fight someone worthy!" Stated the Bone Breaker.

"Well you might be surprised." I replied.

He tried to punch me to the ground but I evaded using a jump and then backflipped behind him.

"Wha?! What happened?!! Where are you?!" He asked

"Here!" I said before I jumped on his back and started punching him.

He then grabbed me and threw me on the ground. But when he tried to grab me again I got up and evaded him. Then I kicked him in the face and then punched him in the chest. He flew a few feet to the back but landed on his feet.

"You're strong." He said. "But can you handle this?!"

He ran at me with full speed but fortunately I evaded using my quick reflexes.

After 15 minutes of wrestling and evading, I decided that I needed to finish this quick. I jumped and started delivering spin kicks to the Bone Breaker's face. And after I landed on my feet I focused my strength on one final uppercut punch that knocked him out, making me win the match.

The crowd cheered and cheered but I didn't care. I just wanted my money.

I walked to my manager and asked for my money. He looked at me with a smirk and grabbed a big bag full of coins inside it. I kindly took it and left the building. But before I left I heard my manager say "come back next time!".

(A few days later)

I have spent all my money by now. I got myself a decent place to live and bought some clothes and food.

There was no tournament at the moment so I didn't have any way to earn money, not that I want to enter another tournament but I don't want to have a job that makes me interact with people and risk exposing my powers.

I decided to go take a walk down the street and breathe some fresh air and enjoy the stars in the night sky.

People were walking down the streets, minding their on business and just strolling like me and purchasing stuff from stores that are still open even in this time of day.

Suddenly I started to hear screams. People were running opposite my direction from something. I decided to check what's happening. And that's when I ran to the direction of the screams.

And then, when I finally arrived, I saw something that would haunt me for eternity. I would never be able to erase that memory out of my mind for the rest of my days.

It witnessed a woman and her child being stabbed by none other than the thief that robbed the old man's shop. The one thief I let escape when I had the chance to stop him.

I could have prevented this but I didn't. Their deaths are my fault.

Then I remembered something that my dad taught me.

"Eren. The life we live in is harsh. This world is full of good things and bad things. Sometimes our decisions might cause suffering for others. And we must bear the consequences of our actions and decisions. Whatever happens, Eren. You must know...
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility."

I promised myself I would find that killer and bring him to justice.