Spider-Crusher

(Mikasa's POV)

Sitting in the mess hall, breakfast in front of me, my head was down. I didn't look at anybody as I stared down my food.

Everything has been happening very fast. My mind is racing, I do not understand what I should do. With Eren gone, why should I keep on going? I think I should leave the military. But if I do I'll be sent harvest crops and all the bullshit and I'd feel Eren would be very disappointed.
If anything I should fight for Eren's dreams. Dreams of a world beyond the walls and life for humanity free from the fear of titans. That's what he would have wanted.

Mrs. Yeager. I'm afraid... I must ask for your forgiveness....

I really shouldn't have listened to Eren and gone after him. Because of what he said to me I stayed in the military while he had to suffer at the hands of that Spider-Man.

"Mikasa, no! Enough of you taking care of me! I need to be alone! Stop following me around! You're not my mother and I don't care about the promise you made to her! I'm my own man now! If you wanna do me a favor, stay in the military and join the scouts! I'll... try and see if I can join you whenever they restart the whole training thing. Maybe in the 105th regiment. Now leave me to my own!"

I clenched my fist at the table. I wish I was there.

"Mikasa? Are you alright?" I heard Armin talking to me after he finally arrived.

"Start eating, you haven't been eating well lately." He stated.

"And you haven't been sleeping well lately." I replied.

"Yeah..."

"I wish I could grab that Spider-Man by the throat and just choke him to death..." I stated.

"I really should ask you this... do you really think he's the villain?" Armin asked.

"Yes." I responded. Feeling a little betrayed.

"I don't think he is, I mean he helps people and takes down criminals."

I grabbed Armin's right wrist which was on the table and pulled him towards me with brute force. His chest was on the table as he grabbed it with his other hand.

"He killed your best friend." I said in a cold dead voice that's filled with anger. I could see his soul ready to leave his body at any second.

"Did he?" He asked courageously. "I mean, he doesn't... k-kill! Of all the dozens of thugs and criminals he's taken down, why would he kill Eren of all people?" I released him making him fall backwards but since he was holding tight to his seat he managed to sit back on it.

Silence... for a few seconds that is until Shadis slammed through the door.

"Anti Spider-Man Squad! To my office!" He yelled.

As all of us got up and went to his office I heard a couple of trainees sat behind my back

"Anti Spider-Man, huh? They never managed to beat him even once. What a bunch of losers."

I guess they're right.

When we arrived at his office, rather than opening the door, he kicked it open, taking us by surprise. An action that means he's far more furious than he usually is, and that's bad.

Rushing to his desk he grabbed a note and threw it on my face. I grabbed the not as it fell down. And I opened it and read it.

"Try all you want, Keith. You'll never get me." I said as I read the note out loud.

"HE. WAS. HERE! Yesterday!" He said as he banged his hand on the desk. One time for every word. "Right under our noses the whole time!"

He then looked at me with the eyes of a predator and then he walked towards me with his finger pointed at me.