The New Adversary

Want to support this book and I, it's author? Vote down below and comment your thoughts!

(Mikasa's POV)

Connie and I followed Ernst over to the cart that is supposed to be taking us to his lab. Connie has never been there before. I was the only one to go there. Which begs the question. Why am I the only one getting all his attention up until now and why was I the first one to be picked for this job?

Connie and Mikasa, eh? Where have I seen this team up before? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Does he really care about my vengeance or is he only using my anger and hatred towards that arachnid to further his own gains? Up until now this suspicion of mine I cannot confirm.

It's been only a day since Spider-Man and I last fought. And I nearly had him last time, I even unmasked him! If it weren't for those citizens there I would have ridden us of that menace.
But he does seem to care about them and they the same. He really became angry when I threatened those people. And said people really weren't afraid to protect him.
But what bothers me most is the aid of the garrisons. They indeed cared about him and acted outside of the established laws. I even got dirty looks from everyone in the headquarters.
I think Spider-Man really is a hero who saves the people.
But that matters little as I will indeed make him pay for killing Eren.

Ernst grabbed his hat and ducked his head inside the cart as he entered. Connie followed behind and I was the last to enter. The three of us were traveling alone. Our cart did not have any escort.

"You think that fight was useless?" Ernst asked me in a tone that suggest he already knows the answer.

"Yes. I failed. Spider-Man is still alive and your precious armor is broken." I replied and then looked down, not wanting to talk.

"It was not." My head shot back up.

"In fact, I'd say it was a success. You might not have defeated the spider but we did learn a lot of information."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like the fact that he deeply cares for his people and the people do the same. That he does not reach his full potential usually while fighting you and he would do anything for the safety of his people. We also learned that the armor needs a lot of improvements and remodeling. Again, we also leaned that the garrisons, or a large number of them, somewhat close to the majority, are indeed willing to work outside protocol to ensure that Spider-Man does not die. Maybe they owe it to him, or maybe they just want their lazy jobs even lazier. Who knows?"

"I think I have an idea." Connie jumped in. "When Mikasa and him fought the cannons were fired at the HQ in an attempt to kill him. They were both in the HQ fighting. It was a loss but when the base was crumbling down he did risk life and limb to save all of us. He held large chunks of the base with nothing but webs and raw strength and endurance"

"Hmm... interesting." Ernst exclaimed. "And what did he do after everyone escaped?"

"He let go of the debris and just left."

"Even more interesting..."

I looked back down and just tried to cancel all the noise and drift away in my thoughts and think about what Spider-Man is really up to and who he is.

My mind was filled with grief and my willpower to continue on living is fueled by rage. I could not get out of bed for quite a while. Not until Shadis issued a hunt for Spider-Man. After our first attempt I tried to find any information about where Eren's body could have been burnt and where the rest of his stuff is, but nothing. His body was not found but the clothes they gave me to inspect were indeed his. They were tattered and shredded. Bloodied and damaged. But all the clothes were indeed his.