Chapter 1 - Adoption

I am (Full Name), living in the (Country). My country was attacked by omnics during the Omnic Crisis. My family.....was dead and I'm the only one left. I was rescued by Overwatch, an organization bent to stop the war between humans and omnics. I was raised in an orphanage but a member of the Overwatch team, a soldier named Jack Morrison adopted me as his (son/daughter). I became a part of Overwatch then and so I learned to become one of them.

(Y/N)

The alarm sounded. Ugh why does it have to be early? I whined a bit. I reached out my hand where the alarm clock was placed; a lamp table right beside my bed. I tubbed my eyes and sought what time is it. I grabbed the clock and I was startled by the time. 4:00, I wondered. Jack, I mean my "father" set this up last night while I slept, I should've known. He's too strict for me but I like him because he's the one who adopted me since my family died. I remembered that time when he adopted me at the orphanage.

§FLASHBACK§
12 years ago

"Where's mommy?" I whined.

"You're mother's gone kid. Were gonna put you to a safe haven. You'll be fine." A woman dressed in a soldier suit took me and brought in front of the orphanage I was about to live on. The sign says 'Mercy's Grace Orphanage' in capital letters. Below it was 'HOME FOR THE HOMELESS CHILDREN' in small capital letters. In the entrance three people, a man and two women greeted me in decent attire. They knew they're gonna take me in. I continue to whine until I cry as I did tantrum jumps, going wilder as I got near the three people waiting for me. The woman struggled to handle my sudden tantrum as she carried me seriously like she's out of patience. It will be alright she said, her voice resembling a bit impatient. Until she handled me to the three caretakers. I cried a lot, longing for mom and dad.

I glanced behind. Behind the woman was a big army blue armored truck. A man with blonde hair and a glass in his right eye stared at me from the window with pity.

Then the three people started to calm me down. The woman with a green shirt and denim jeans hugged me like ensuring that I would not run. While the man in a nurse uniform did some unnecessary morale to calm me down.

"Kid, do not worry, we'll take care of you. We will be your new parents. You'll be having fun here with your new brothers and sisters." The woman with a curly hair in a pink checkered shirt and stripped jeans kneeled and cupped my cheek and wiped out my tears.

I calmed down a bit then said. "But where's mommy? Daddy and sis?"

The three exchanged looks and glanced at each other. The other woman nodded as a signal.

She swallowed then uttered the words I wasn't going to accept or hear. "Your family died." She said with hesitation. It isn't easy to tell in front of a child that his/her family died just because he/she has no full perception of his/her surroundings.

"That wasn't true. My mother is still alive!" I shouted, as tears welled up in my eyes again. Then the army woman started to wave goodbye.

"Please take care of (Y/N)." She said softly.

"We will." The woman in green replied.

Then the soldier left and went to the truck.

Jack Morrison