Chapter 19, Part 1 - Assault in Sengoku Temple

Vermillion's Mark 🚨
17:43 🕡

The army of the Vermillion was divided into battalions and Front Commander Thyde was ready to lead them. But Nest will not waste her forces so she took 2 battalions, 30 soldiers in all and a missile battery launcher. Lieutenant Yan will also accompany FCMD in the battle. Nest wore a fitting armor that made her more flexible and versatile. Dusk had set already, the last vestiges of the setting sun barely flashed onto the cloudless horizon. The northgate of Vermillion's Mark was open and all that is to be waited is FCMD's command.

While the vehicle utilities postered some finishing touches, Lieutenant Yan approached her superior who was at the center of the soldier battalions.

"Commander." She saluted. "That Colonel will give assistance in this mission is that right?"

Nest tied her blonde into a bun and stretched her maroon exosuit uniform to fit herself. "Indeed Lieutenant. In fact, they will initiate and conclude it. And we then enter and bust the whole place. But I will also help with their happy ending." A smirk that sensed of assuring victory formed over Y/N's lips.

"So, that Colonel's taskforce was a secret one." Lieutenant muttered as she looked down at the dusted pavement.

"Yes." Nest read Yan's face. And she felt guilt for not telling her. But it was crucial so as not to expose the secretive Night Watch. "I apologise Lieutenant if this mission is not quite full in your custody."

Warm breeze wrapped around them, the scent of dust and a tinge of smoke entering their senses.
Yan helped her with a settling face, golden warm streaks reflecting in her porcelain features.

"No need to feel low about my exclusion FCMD. Even my stalwartness has its limitations." She said with glory and inhibited a big point.

"Of course." Nest took the advantage in bearing a smile. "But I may tell you some details. Anyway the targets are what makes the matter confidential. You may have to trust Colonel Rainier." She expressed a hand consolingly.

"If you insist, Commander."

In Nest's bellowing command, the Vermillion Army now made its way to their destination.

Sengoku Temple 🏯
18:05 🕖

Dusk had drawn. The sprawling temple of criminal hotbeds shone dimly, their lights intentionally not to draw unnecessary attention. Foolish they were-if to be criticized by their enemy. But it is heavily guarded by shogun robots, enormous prototypes adapting the ancient Japanese samurais, ninjas and the shogunate. Heavy neo-steel plating had barely revealed weak spots, and glowing red eyes peered the silent empty province of Sengoku. The small region was untouched and nearly devoid of neutral targets. The robotic assassins patrolled every corner tirelessly-they are not organic, nor too superficial. The Shimada Clan had excelled in assassination and sublety, and very seldomly deploy these ruthless constructs. The meeting forced the clan itself to spend its weaponry, as strategy cannot be leaked so easily like a thin piece of paper that slipped under the door.

Genji

Sengoku Grounds 🐉
18:30 🕢

🌉

Bah! I do really hate these kind of gatherings. They do not interest me. Even the ryūkken gave me the chills. I have very enormous regrets at this point of time. Even my brother became eager to lead the clan than me. But I didn't care at all. I just wanted to have inner peace.

•••

The royal criminal throng paved their way through the cobblestone floor of the sacred temple. Each central family member was solely accompanied by their personal bodyguards. But they were nothing compared to the ryūkken, tatsuken, and shinoken. Falling sakura leaves painted almost the cold ground, the mood set for the night became what was lost hope. The moon was about to reach its full height, its piteous radiance gleamed through the 'unforgiving' temple of Sengoku. Soon the members entered the dimly lit edifice, their escorts assumed guarding positions by the temple's vicinity.