Chapter 5 - Winding Up

January 24, 2061
Bloomington, Indiana
7:28 🕢
2 days, 16 hours, & 32 minutes before training

(Y/N) forgot to eat dinner. She was sleeping, enveloped in her plain fabric as she drooled much of the stained blanket. She took rounds of snoring, particularly drenched in deep slumber. Her hair was practically a mess, all that caused of the rolling whatsoever in the bed. Her mouth was dryly open-and now taking her would-be last round of snores.

Then a light creak sounded to the direction against (Y/N)'s bed, breaking the most silence. A figure stood as he planned to awaken her.

"Wake up kid. Time for breakfast." Said Morrison in his fatherly tone. He stood inches away from the fabricated furniture, arms in hips. He was dressed in a tight camo shirt, the lower region composed of army pants, and reinforced leather boots that're laced tightly. On the right of the shirt not just above the shoulder was a small rectangular shape on which was his hay yellow-colored surname was placed, in capital letters. MORRISON. It spelled out. Totally Jack Morrison was dressed in his commando suit, the uniform used during his first lone mission in the soldier enhancement program in age 21. After that succession, he wore it on special occasions like secret ops or in lone missions sent by the military. But this instance it seemed a but odd, but that was not his first time wearing a special uniform.

He sighed, attempting to do the drill again.

"Y/N." The tone was a bit sweet yet rose by a hint of what seemed impatience. "It's time for breakfast."

At last for what seemed a year of waiting, a slumbering Y/N roused to life from her deep, deep sleep. She stretched herself, her abdomen protruding upward and her hands reaching out the borders of her seemingly velvety paradise. She let out a groan, then greatly sighed. Preparing to face the morning reality, she rubbed her eyes and then awoke as she rose. Startled by the outfit in front of her she asked. "Why are you dressed in your commando suit?" Her voice was a slight raspy. She swallowed and undried her mouth in order to speak clearly. Her vision was not yet fully clear but see can see enough of that of Morrison's.

"I had a mission. A secret mission." He emphasized the latter part of his sentence that gave her the chills of thrilling excitement. Jack might saw that (Y/N) would get upset but he didn't expect that. She was going to be in training 2 days after.

"What about me? What about Nancy?" She began to worry. (Y/N) never liked staying with Nancy and her pet Daisy in his, or rather their private mansion without Jack. She always finds herself caught by the sentry CCTV's that Jack newly installed on a month ago. The small yet terrible machines would spot Y/N and Daisy as intruders in certain spots like the hallway through the living room perhaps and thus the result, blue photon projectiles came out struggling to hit the assumed and accused intruder whilst dodging its attacks. Luckily Y/N would rush back in Jack's room to disable the traps. Those were newly installed from Vishkar Corporation in Brazil and they haven't been reprogrammed as to who will be caught. As for Nancy and Y/N, they did not know how to operate the traps, what more could Daisy do? Jack has been interrupted by global missions associated by Director Petras, unable to reprogram even one sentry.

"You must rest, so that you may prepare better at the training. Remember you worked hard to join the program. It's not that easy Y/N. You must focus on what is important." He uttered words of encouragement. But he almost forgot the very important thing part of the drill. "And by the way eat your breakfast. Nancy's cooking was worth a buffet." He added.

"Right, right." Her voice started to fade. She gestured at the window, her face embracing the warmth of the sunlight. She closed her eyes then smiled. "I would never forget the training. In fact I placed it in my memo in the fridge." She then said happily. Then she hopped off the bed and readied herself for breakfast with Jack.