Thirteen

"Isn't your office on Canal Street?" Harry pointed out Chris' car window when he drove past the street.

"That it is," I spoke from the back seat while I scrolled through my phone.

"Now I'm confused," Harry looked at Chris.

"We are not going to give your single over to Danny," Chris began explaining.

"As if he deserved it," I added.

"Really?" Harry smiled and turned to face me.

"Really," I smiled at his reaction. "We're gonna go visit an old friend."

"103.9 is going to be blessed with 'Carolina' by Harry Styles," Chris remarked.

"103.9," Harry smiled. "That's a higher number. Doesn't that mean it reaches more people?"

"That's exactly what it means," I grinned. "Only the best for the best."

○○○

"Annie!" Mike cheered as I jumped a little too excitedly and ran over to him for a hug.

"Jesus, your hair," I noted his buzz cut. "What's it been like a year?"

"A year too long," he smiles at me before greeting Chris.

"My man," Chris smiles over at our old friend. "We'd like you to meet our friend-"

"Harry Styles," Harry shakes Mike's hand with a smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you, dude," Mike smiles back. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Chris is absolutely in love with him," I shake my head. "It's ridiculous."

"I know," Mike widens his eyes. "So, what have you got for me?"

"We got Harry's first ever single," I started smiling. "We want you to hear it first and let us know what you think. Then after you fall in love with it and beg us to play it on air, we'll allow you to do just that," I smirk and get a chuckle from the boys.

"What she said," Chris pointed at me.

"Oh, Annie," Mike said. "You always had a way with words."

"So, let's go," I demand.

"You heard the woman," Mike clapped his hands together before escorting us to another room.

Chris followed and I walked with Harry behind the two of them.

"You're quite sexy when you get down to business," Harry whispered.

"I know," I smirk.

○○○

"I like it," Mike nodded. "Who are you signed to?"

"Columbia," Harry stated. "Association with Sony."

"Nice," Mike nodded. "Congrats. Where'd you find this one?" He looked up at Chris.

"All her," Chris pointed at me.

"Joe's," I smiled, already knowing his reaction.

"My guy," he started laughing. "You gotta start paying Joe's some commission for getting all these amazing artists to play there."

"I gotta," I raise my eyebrows and agree. "So, what do you say?"

"I say," Mike sat back in his chair. "Listen in at 4:30pm today."

"Will you marry me?" I joke and get Mike to laugh.

"Any time, any where," Mike got up and hugged me.

"Thank you so much," I spoke while embracing my old friend. "I owe you."