Shawn

Shawn and I were there left alone once the guys left. It already felt awkward being around him. So I just went back to the living room and began reading my book. That's when I hear Shawn going upstairs to his room. I just remembered that his room is next to mine. Then I hear footsteps coming towards me.
   I started to get nervous I don't know why. It's just Shawn, but the thing is I always had a crush on Shawn Mendes.
  He sat next to me only a few inches apart.
"So, you're Cam's daughter...."
  I put the book down.
"Yes I am.... is there a problem?"
   "No it's just that I was expecting a toddler... not a teenager.."
  I wasn't offended, of course he would have thought it was a toddler. Not a teenager.
  "I want to get to know you better..."
"Ok... where do you want me to start.."
I was nervous I never talked to a person about my past.
"About your parents...."
That's when I began. The memories started flooding back in me.
  "My parents they treated me very well... they cared for me a lot, but then one day intruders come into our house..."
  I felt the tears coming, but I wanted to tell him everything and I'm going to.
"I saw them kill my parents in front of my eyes.... I did get shot, but I was lucky enough it was in the arm...."
   "Do you have a scar for it?.."
I nodded. I slipped down the sleeve on the right side to show him. His fingers were hovering over it. As if not trying to hurt me. He nodded his head if he can touch it. I nodded and gave him my permission.
   His warm fingers touching my skin felt relaxing. I never felt this way when somebody would hug me. But I felt different with Shawn.
   He pulled my sleeve back up and placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it genuinely.
  "Maria... um.. you are very.... beautiful...." he breathed out.
   I liked Shawn I think and I had to look down that way he doesn't see my red tomato face.
   I looked then into his eyes. His brown mesmerizing eyes. I noticed a scar on his right cheek. I lifted my hand towards it. I lightly place my fingers on it. Shawn's eyes close his hands away from my face onto his lap. Shawn started to sing. 
She would not show that she was afraid,
But being and feeling alone was too much to face,
Though everyone said that she was so strong,
What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on,

But she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way
   I then had the urge to say what came next and I did.
Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much
   He then opened his eyes and smiled. He then hugged tightly and I hugged back. We then both separated at the sound of the guys coming back.
  They didn't notice us until Cam came into the living room. His eyes went wide. I didn't notice what he was staring at us until I realized that Shawn and me had our hands intertwined.
  That's when we both looked at each other and then down at our hands. We let them go. I haven't noticed that we were holding hands.
  "Shawn... can I please talk to....you.."
"S-sure.." Shawn responded nervously.
I was worried in what dad was going to do. Nash then came to my side.
"Are you okay..."
I nodded. I then rested my head in the hollow place in his neck. I'm worried about Shawn. I hope he doesn't get hurt because of me.