Christmas Surprise

I pull it to see something I wasn't expecting....
-----------------------------------
Once I pulled it out came the person I have least excepted. I couldn't believe who was standing before my very own eyes. I understand everything now.
"Merry Christmas,Maria!" The person I was least expecting says coming towards me.
"Merry Christmas to you too.....Shawn..." I say with tears brimming at the corners of my eyes.
He makes it in front of me and I see that he also has tears at the corners of his eyes. We both missed each other equally, but we didn't know that ourselves.
He gives me a really long hug and I hug him back. That hug is all needed for Christmas today. He lets go of me and looks deeply into my eyes.
"I have something important to tell you,Maria." He says.
I nod my head towards him to continue on. I was wondering what he was going to tell me.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks as he is bending down on his knee.
I was shocked. I couldn't speak from what was happening. It's when I entered reality again. I nod my head so quickly up and down.
"YES!!! I would love to be your girlfriend Shawn!" I yell.
He then takes out a ring from his back pocket and puts it on me. I then notice the inside is written. It says Shawn inside. And then I notice he also has a similar ring to mine and see my name written on it. The ring was silver and had a snowflake. Shawn's ring was also silver except his is the sun.
Everyone around us clapped and we hugged each other once again.
Shawn then lets go of me, and looks at me.
"I won't be leaving anytime soon." He says smiling.
"Of course you won't, Mendes." I respond smiling back at him.
I knew that day that we were meant to be....and nothing was going to change it...