Part 52: Avoidance

Jordan walked along the street towards Ken's new townhouse. Jordan had found out the previous day that Ken had moved, but not from him, from me.

"What? He moved?" she asked in shock as I told her while we sipped smoothies at the Maple Cafe.

"Yeah. I'm surprised he didn't tell you. Aren't you guys back together?" I had asked her.

I could tell that she had been bothered by Ken's secrecy. Moving was a huge deal, even if it was only to another street. Jordan walked until she came to the new address that I had given her. She was planning to confront him. As she stood at the foot of his doorstep, she heard loud rap music coming from inside. Jordan figured that he must have gotten a new stereo as well. Jordan took a deep breath and prepared to knock on the door, then stopped. Chickening out, she turned and walked away towards the sidewalk.

"Hey!" She heard a voice behind her. She turned around to see Casper walking towards her. "You came all this way for nothing? He's clearly home. And now you're leaving?" he asked.

"None of your business!" Jordan cried. "Did you follow me here? What the hell do you want from me?" she asked.

"Oh please. Stop overreacting. So Ken...it looks like he's moved on huh? I mean, he moved without telling you. He told Nora, me, and even Elizabeth. I don't think he ever planned on telling you. I'm sure he knew you would eventually find out, but still." Casper said. "You became a demon hunter right after you broke up with him, meaning you became a hunter in a moment of weakness. That's like the worst idea ever. That's exactly what Mackenzie did! Remember? Right after her parents were slaughtered?"

"That's different!" Jordan countered.

"And now you're going around fighting as if you're actually making a difference in the long run. Let me tell you something. It doesn't matter how many demons you kill. Ken clearly doesn't give a damn about you anymore." Casper said.

"That's not true!" Jordan cried.

"You should calm down, or else your boyfriend might hear us." Casper said. "Maybe we should take this somewhere else."