Part 109: Soulmates

"Do you, Ken Thompson take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Elizabeth Airhartt take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Ken kissed her while Jordan and I sat in the audience and watched. The other guests awed and applauded the happy couple. Jordan and I didn't clap. Luckily no one could see that we were there. We were mere invisible spirits observing the living.

"I'm sorry things turned out this way." I said to Jordan. "In order to save this world, I had to change the entire universe. Even without powers though, Elizabeth still won. I know you really loved him. If powers still existed, her parents would never have approved of their relationship since he didn't fly. But now..." I explained. I hesitated. "I mean she's nothing without her powers. Her family isn't high status by any means. She's normal like everyone else. They both are. I want you to know that everything you fought for wasn't for nothing. Because you became a demon hunter, and then a demon, you were trapped in Hell with me. I will never be lonely, even if I am stuck because I'll have my very best friend with me for all time. I cannot tell you how much that means to me."

"I'm fine. Really." Jordan said, but a single tear fell from her ruby red eyes. "I'm happy that they're happy, I guess. I just wanted to come here and see that for myself before I go with you." She explained. They were happy. Elizabeth looked like a princess and she was crying happy tears the whole time as she and Ken walked back down the aisle holding hands. "I'm still a little sad though." She admitted. "I mean, Elizabeth was my friend. Ken was my boyfriend, and now neither one of them will ever remember that you or I existed."

"You're way too good for both of them." I said. "They don't deserve your memory." She smiled through her tears. She and I held hands. "Do you think they'll be together forever?" She asked me.

"I'll give them three years." I joked and Jordan laughed. There was silence between us for a moment after the laughter died down. "The important thing to know now is whether or not they last, it doesn't affect you anymore. Nothing about their lives matter to people like us." I said and she nodded and smiled.

"You're right." She said. "Come on. I think I'm ready to go now." She said. So, I took the hand of my friend and we walked down the aisle towards the portal to our new home.