"Please, baby. We need you."

Normani got the call about a two vehicle accident and radioed in that she would be responding. When she got there, she frowned as she noticed the Toyota looked like Camila's. As she approached the vehicle, she saw a man with the door open talking to a woman.

"Camila?" She asked as she quickly grabbed her radio. "We have a pregnant woman involved. 9 months. Where is that ambulance?" She reached in when she saw that Camila wasn't responsive. She quickly checked her, seeing a piece of metal stuck in her leg and several gashes on her face and neck from broken glass. When the ambulance finally showed up, they worked quickly and carefully to free Camila to take her to the hospital. Normani took a deep breath before hopping in her car and racing toward Lauren's house, knowing that if she just called her Lauren wouldn't be able to handle the drive herself. Once there, she kept her lights flashing as she rushed up to the front door and pounded on it.

Lauren was completely asleep. She was surprised that she was able to fall asleep so soundly. She groaned and jumped when she heard the pounding on the door. She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She heard the pounding again. "I'm coming." She groaned as she slowly walked over to the door.

As she opened it Lauren spoke, "I knew you would come back...you really need to start remembering your keys." But when she looked up she saw flashing lights and Normani standing in the doorway. "Normani?" She said with hesitance in her voice as she quickly started to put her work boots back on. She was still in her uniform. "Why are you here? What happened?" Lauren asked as she grabbed her jacket to put it on.

Normani sighed softly as she waited. Since Camila was by herself, she figured that Lauren would be home. "You need to come with me." She stated firmly to her friend as she looked her in the eye. She saw how she didn't hesitate in putting her boots and jacket back on. "It's Camila... It wasn't her fault. People at the scene said it was the truck that was flying and slid through the red light..." Normani got herself to stop rambling to back up a little bit. "Camila was in a wreck... she's being taken to the hospital now. I knew you wouldn't be able to drive on your own so I came to get you."

Lauren zipped up her jacket before tying her boots. She stood straight up hearing Normani's words. "What?!" She said panicked. "Is she okay? She just left like...less than an hour ago." She said as she ran to the counter to grab her keys. "Is she okay? Did you talk to her?" Lauren asked, still freaking out. She was too scared to cry.

Normani followed Lauren out to the car. "She wasn't conscious when I was there. I didn't leave until the paramedics got her out and on the way to the hospital. She got hit on her side, Laur." She stated solemnly to her partner as she flipped the sirens as she got in, waiting for Lauren to follow.

Camil just got in a car accident...and the baby, "Oh my god, the baby. Is the baby okay?" Lauren asked before setting the alarm and shutting the door and locking it before following Normani and getting in the patrol car.

"I don't know about the baby..." Normani silently reached out to take Lauren's hand. Camila was due in just a week and she knew how excited Lauren had been about it. Her best friend had been so excited since finding out. "They should already be at the hospital now working on them."

Lauren sighed at the woman's words. She knew that wasn't good. She had been working as a police officer long enough to know. Lauren looked out the window when she felt Normani grab her hand. She let the woman hold her hand as she stared off. This was all her fault. If she was just honest with Camila none of this would have happened. "This is my fault. God, I'm such a fucking idiot." She said as she wiped a tear from her face. "I need to see her. I need to know that she's okay." She said in a rushed tone. "Please, Mani."

Normani shook her head at Lauren. "How is this your fault? She was out, driving... yeah she shouldn't have been, but everybody that saw it said she had the green light. It wasn't her fault. It was the man's fault for driving that fast on snow covered roads." She pulled up in front of the hospital emergency room, leaving the cruiser just out of the way of the fire lane as she looked at her best friend.