2

UCLA

The Seniors and most of the Juniors are gathered in a room. 

With the new school year beginning in only a couple of days, the oldest girls of the squad usually always spend the first party together. Of course they invited the Sophomores to join them, but first they needed time and space to discuss important matters - and most importantly drink in a private place so that they don't get caught. So Tobin and Allie brought at least 10 bottles of strong alcohol - either whiskey or Sambuca - and hid them in a lobby near the room that now belongs to the women's soccer team. 

With only four girls missing - Kristie, Abby, Megan and Steph - the Seniors and Juniors are now seven. Kelsey is trying to get the music machine to work, with Kealia's help, as Lindsey, Ada and Julie are sitting on a coach nearby, getting the bottles and glasses ready for the squad to drink. Meanwhile, the Harrys are just up to no good, as always. Ever since they got named co-captains of the team, they have had meetings where they would come up with a strategic plan in order to get ready for the school year. 

As she is helping Kelsey out, Kealia lifts her chin and stares at the two best friends, who are whispering, before saying in a loud voice : 

"So, what's your plan for the tryouts this year ?" 

Allie is the one answering, as always : 

"Well, it's gonna take place in like three days now, and we only can afford two rookies, since there only is 18 players allowed this year, and that Emily Sonnett got transferred." 

As Tobin is nodding, Kealia smiles. 

"And what kind of players are we looking for ?"

"Mmh" the blonde lets out, thoughtful. "We need an extra-versatile player, that can play in midfield, defence and offence, because our group already has enough depth. Then, I don't really know." 

"We'll see if someone stands out" Tobin adds. 

Everybody here knows how Tobin likes talent. She's found it in Rose last year, and wants to find someone deserving, out of the usual game, only to destabilise players from the other team. And she knows it works out eventually. 

After Kealia smirks, there is a little silence, until Julie says : 

"This year is our year" 

All the girls present on the room nod. 

But before any philosophical conversation can be thrown, Allie takes the bottles out as each and every girl grab a drink : tonight is their party, their night. And they'll be queens of the campus once again. 

Little do they know that more than only UCLA people are invited. 

*

"Hey !" Julie exclaims, hugging the brunette in front of her. 

It's been a while since she last saw Shelina Zadorsky, and she was in an hospital bed, and then on a pitch to lose in the finale. The girl looks relaxed and happy, and Julie knows why : she spent the whole holidays with Becky, before she had to go to Kansas and start her pro season. Her official debut is a few weeks away, but the club insisted for her to join them for preseason (a/n : I know it's not realistic, since preseason usually start in March, and the actual NWSL season one month later all the way to October. But for the need of this story, the season starts in late September, and lasts until June, with a pause at Christmas.) This is going to be a great tester for the couple, but Julie is convinced and knows that they will never split up because of distance : they are made for each other.