28

Kelsey hangs off the phone, breathing heavily. 

By her side on the couch is Olivia, going through Jerramy Stevens' life, medical records, criminal records, and so on. Since the blonde is deep into her investigations, she doesn't see the goalie glaring at her. Once the brunette is done doing that, she puts her attention back on her screen. That sentence pops up : Stevens, 23, got shot in the stomach. Throat cut open like the first victim. Same weapon

Kelsey shakes her head. What on Earth happened in that hotel room ? And, more importantly : How is Kristie involved in this

"Can you find the evidences the cops have found on Kristie please ?" the goalie asks, her eyes not leaving the screen. 

After throwing a quick glare at the girl, Olivia continues her researches. Someone obviously paid them to silence Stevens' death, right ? Kelsey thinks to herself, absolutely confused. I mean, how is it possible that two students are murdered but nobody is investigating properly ? And why was Hinkle with Stevens that night ? And Kristie ? The questions starts floating in her head, but the Swede lets out a small 'wow' that catches Kelsey's attention. 

The blonde has her eyes wide opened. 

"Her fingerprints are on the weapon" she lets out, confused. She then reads something else, and her eyebrows raise. "Shit, thank God you guys did the right move in bringing her in the hospital and claiming that she has been drugged, otherwise..."

"What else ?"

"Uhm" Olivia thoughtfully says, going through the papers pretty fast. As she is doing so, the goalie is observing her : Kelsey, she tried to kill you ; this would never be a healthy relationship. Plus, she's probably not gay. As the goalie tries to come up with more excuses for finding the blonde beyond pretty, the Swede says : "There's nothing more on Kristie, except that her hair have been found on the apartment, which is normal because biologically speaking, losing your hair shows that they are healthy and... Anyway." 

Kelsey nods. 

"Can I ask you a question ?" she then lets out before even thinking. 

Olivia lifts her eyes, slightly blushing. 

"Uhm, y-yes ?"

The goalie knows she probably shouldn't ask Olivia out. That wouldn't be very clever right now, so instead she only says : 

"What stopped you from killing me ?"

The Swede sighs.

"Honestly ?" she asks, and when she sees Kelsey nod, she knows there is no escape. She shakes her head, before answering the question : "To be honest, I didn't expect to have that much attachment to you. I mean, we barely even knew each other at the time, right ? But when I had the needle in hands, I just... I looked at you, and it stopped me from doing anything. This is not who I am, Kelsey. I swear."

The goalie doesn't answer. 

As their researches are going on, the two girls start exchanging a few words. After the 2 am mark is passed, their conversations are turning around knowing each other better and exchanging words about their personal lives. When they fiend come back from their little search - yes, that late, because Tobin insisted on going to the Stanford game (a 2-1 win) and they then had to fill up the other Seniors about what they found out - Kelsey and Olivia are gently laughing about a joke from the Gk.