3

"You'll see, everything is so freaking cool down here !" Gibby exclaims, grabbing Mads' arm in order to take her with her where she wants to go. The brunette knows her friends are following them, so she doesn't worry. She looks at her best friend, before saying : "I can't believe you're actually here ! Like, you could've told me you wanted to come to UCLA !"

"I know, but..." Madalyn starts, not sure what to say. 

"But it's okay ! I mean it was a great surprise ! So, are you going to the tryouts the coming week ? I hope so ! Wait, first I have to introduce you to the rest of the team ! They're gonna love you ! There are so many people I want you to meet ! I actually met people and made friends, can you believe it..."

"Gibby, wait-"

"... I didn't at the beginning, but those girls really are so cool ! Even the now Seniors, they're so helpful ! Oh, and I learnt from Becky Sauerbrunn ! She was my mentor and... Wait, maybe you'll meet her one day, when we travel with the team, and-"

"I won't go to the tryouts." 

The defender suddenly stops speaking and walking, and abruptly turns on her best friend, who doesn't feel very comfortable. She then frowns, and Mads can see in her eyes that Gibby is disappointed, and confused. 

"W-what do you mean ? Wasn't it our dream to play together...?" Gibby asks, sadden by the news. 

"I don't know if I am that good in soccer anymore..." Mads says, looking down at the ground. "I've been through so much those past few years that I forgot what it was to play and enjoy myself and.. I haven't trained in two years, Gibbs. I can't make the tryouts, especially since they're only recruiting two girls..."

Gibby's face starts decomposing, as her keeper friend is just ashamed or herself : disappointing a girl she has considered like her own sister for years is hard and heartbreaking. So the goalie only looks down. 

But Gibby is persistant. She grabs Mads' shoulders and shakes her up. 

"I don't care. I know you : you're gifted-"

"Maybe not after all" Mads says, and before her friend can say anything, she adds : "Now, can we please stop talking about that and just party together ? It's been too long..."

"Okay."

Even though the defender only wants to insist, she knows Mads. She knows she'll run away again if things get complicated. So she wraps her arms around the keeper and pulls her into a tight hug. She knows Mads is not very touchy, but likes Gibby's hugs because they're comforting. So they remain in that position, Mads burying her face on Gibby's neck (in a friendly way, because they're bros). 

At least until Gibby lifts her eyes and spots Kristie on the crowd, looking at her, her mouth half-opened. 

Shit, she thinks something is going on between Mads and me..., the defender thinks to herself, releasing her grip. But once she tells Mads not to move and turns around again, Kristie is gone, vanished in the crowd. Nevertheless, Gibby spots Abby and Steph, kissing each other, as always, and decides to ruin that moment. She taps Abby's shoulder, and the blonde breaks the kiss and looks at her, raising her eyebrows. 

"Did you see where Kristie was heading ?" Gibby asks, in a rush. 

But Steph doesn't look that happy to see her. 

"You should stay with your girlfriend, Christina" the brunette hisses. 

Abby is here to save the day thought : after giving her girlfriend a bow in the ribs, she looks at Gibby and says :