10

Three days after the party 

Mel starts shaking her head. 

The fact about boys is that they never take 'no' as an answer : for them, girls necessary are attracted by them, and obviously want romantic shit, as well as a 'strong' and kind of 'machos' guy. But it obviously is not always the case, and when boys see girls are not interested, they try to come up with excuses. 

That's exactly what that overly-developped-ego guy, whose name already is out of Mel's mind, is trying to do at the moment. Right after he stared at the blonde for about an hour from his creepy table on the back of the room, he just decided that he was handsome enough to come to her with some of his friends - because they obviously can't come on their own, those cowards - and flirt with the blonde. 

Only that Melissa has nothing to do with them, and doesn't care. Of course she dated guys before - and dated the captain of the softball team for three years before they broke things off because Mel didn't have any feelings anymore - but right now she doesn't need this, and they all disgust her. 

As the boy keeps on talking about how good they'd look together, Mel rolls her eyes and lets out without thinking : 

"You know you have like zero chance in seducing me, right ?" 

The guy's face immediately changes, but he keeps his smirk on his ugly face. He turns to his friends, who let some audible 'oooooh' out. 

"Your boyfriend is not a problem, he probably is less good in bed than I am"

That makes Mel burst into laughter, and this time the guy stops smiling. He knows she is making fun of him, and is not even trying to hide it. So before he can say anything mean, Mel stares at him with killer eyes. 

She then says : 

"I think you should go before you make a fool of yourself"

Her honestly obviously is not what the guy was waiting for, and his ego takes over : 

"You're saying you're too good for me bitch ?" he asks in a defying voice. 

Mel rolls her eyes. 

"I don't have time for morons, so if you'd be as kind as to-"

"Sorry, what ?" the guy asks, raising his eyebrows. Of course he's upset, and his stupid friends are surrounding the table where Mel is sitting right now. He then says in an angry tone : "Maybe I should rape you to make you respect me."

That makes the blonde smirk even more. 

"Your mom didn't teach you much about respect, did she ?" she asks, sarcastic as she always is. 

Of course the guy doesn't like that. His friends throw a surprised look at the girl - they obviously aren't used in having that much resistance or sass when a person is threatening to rape them - while the guy just gets angrier. 

But before he can reach out for Mel's neck, a voice behind him says : 

"You better leave her alone."

Christen herself wouldn't have been enough : the guys would just have laughed at her and threatened her as well. But since she is hanging out with her two childhood friends from L.A., both boxing for the school's team, and that they are quite popular around here, the guy just takes a step back, and so do his friends.