32

GAME DAY

UCLA v USC

The two teams walk on the field.

After the hoodle, the two teams go and get their positions on the field. Ashlyn Harris is in goal for USC : she is glaring nonchalantly at the enemy, shaking her head, convinced that she is so much better than a bunch of newbies. Alex Morgan, on the other hand, is standing not far from Mal. She whispers her a 'good luck', before focusing on her own game. 

The whistle blows, and the game is underway

______________

"LINDSEY HORAN TO MAKE IT 4-3 FOR UCLA IN THE 120th MINUTE OF STOPPAGE TIME ! UCLA ADVANCES TO THE FINALE, AGAINST ALL ODDS !"

Allie falls down on her knees, her eyes in tears, as her team all jump on her, Lindsey first. The girls from the sidelines have taken off, running toward their teammates, for the first time advancing to the finale. 

The score line looks like something like this : Morgan 6', 34', 90' ; Pugh 7', McCaffrey 45', Dahlkemper 90'+1, Horan 120'. In other words, quite an impressive game for both sides, and a semi-finale that will remain the most entertaining one in the FF Championship. 

After a big team hug, the girls start greeting the other team, congratulating them on a very good performance today. When Allie finds herself face-to-face with Alex, both girls stop, before Alex shyly gives her her hand to shake. Once Allie does it, the forward says : 

"Congrats. Now go and win this shit, okay ?"

Allie smirks. 

The memories of when they were best friends are resurfacing, and all those emotions make the blonde look at the brunette in a way she hasn't in ages : this care. Alex immediately hugs her, whispering a thousand excuses for what happened. 

The middy then nods, and they part way, knowing that they'd see each other in a few weeks for the Draft. 

Kristie, on the other hand, is running toward the stands. The girls from Stanford are cheering loudly, but awkwardly screaming Kristie's nickname is Sam, an huge smile on her face. Her sister runs toward her, before jumping in her arms. 

"I'm so proud of you, Kratchet" Sam whispers, bursting into tears. 

Kristie immediately breaks their contact and hits her sister in the arm. 

"You stop that now, okay ?" the older sister aggressively says, shaking her head, before smiling at Sam's shocked face. "Because you've got your own game to win tonight, so that we can kick your asses in the finale, got it ?" 

Sam smiles. 

"Got it."

*

STANFORD v HARVARD

Starting XI:

FT : Stanford 1-1 Harvard

Shelina anxiously advances to take the last penalty possible, as both teams only missed once, which means they're even. Only that Kop made one save right before Shelina's turn, which means that if she puts this one in, they win. 

The captain throws a nervous look toward the stands, and the first thing she sees is her girlfriend, her eyes closed, praying. 

She takes a deep breath, kisses the ball, before putting it on the floor and take several steps backwards. The weight of everything is on her shoulders. She shakes her head, as her legs start shaking. You don't get to fucking bend now, Zadorsky, she tells herself, isolating herself in a bubble. She doesn't see her teammates behind her, all watching her ; she doesn't see the huge crowd that showed up at Stanford ; she doesn't see the target on her back. I have to put this one in. My team deserves it

This thought in mind, she kicks the ball straight at the bottom corner, on the right. The goalie guessed right, but doesn't make the save. 

It's in.

Her teammates erupts in cheers, running toward the captain, who only realizes now what happened. Haley is the first one to get to her, and the impact of the goalie running 100% against her make them both fall on the ground. Before being buried under her own teammates, Shelina sees the stands, and all UCLA raising as one, cheering. 

Haley is in tears. 

"Thank you." 

That's it : they're in the finals against UCLA.