36

Pool parties have never looked so good. 

Apart from all the players from both teams, some from Harvard and Duke stayed to watch the finale. Allie invited them, finding their gesture pretty amazing, especially since the sportsmanship is one of her most important values. 

As the party is doing great - alcohol in blood, smiles on lips, laughs coming out of throats... - Mal is sitting on an edge somewhere, staring at the girls partying. The whole campus has taken part of the party, but yet she doesn't seem very alert for now. To be honest, she is pretty tired after the game, but she doesn't want to be a party pooper. So she decides to rest on her own for a while, before going back to the field pretty quickly. 

She is soon joined by Jessie, who looks worried. 

"May I ?" the Canadian asks, staring at the space next to Mal. 

The forward nods. 

So Jessie sits up next to her, handing her a drink. Mal takes a sip of it, before realizing that it's only water. She throws a grateful look at the middy, who smiles and look away. They remain silent for 5 minutes, just enjoying the sensation of being above everybody else. 

Then, Mal is the one saying : 

"You can go back to the party"

Her harsh tone makes Jessie turn her head to look at her. She raises an eyebrow, before saying : 

"I'm not here against my will. You're pretty chill, and I need chill right now." the Canadian says, and this time around, Mal is the one surprised and confused. The brunette smirks, before explaining : "Parties aren't my thing. I mean, I like them, but sometimes they don't like me. I need to take my distances sometimes, in order to enjoy myself. That's it."

"Gotcha"

A new silence evolves in between the two girls. Nothing uncomfortable : just a needed silence, that vanishes the minute Jessie says : 

"I was wrong about you."

Mal frowns. 

"How so ?"

"Well" Jessie starts, a smirk on her face. "I thought you were a bitch."

"I am a bitch, so thank you."

"I know" the Canadian says, and Mal looks offended. Jessie then bursts into laughter, before hitting her in the arm and burst into laughter. "I mean : I thought you were a spoiled bitch that only cared about herself. But I was obviously wrong, because you're pretty chill. I think we could even be friends."

"Yah, maybe." Mal lets out, nonchalant. 

Jessie smirks. 

"You know what ?" she asks, and when Mal throws her her usual 'what bitch ?' look, the Canadian says : "I think we're more alike than you thought, and it's annoying you."

Mal laughs. 

"I guess you're right." she then lets out. 

Jessie starts laughing, as the other girl's laugh joins hers. The forward then shakes her head, before adding : 

"We should do something during the holidays. Are you around ?"

"For sure"

The two girls make themselves the promise to see each other during the holidays, before going back to the party.

*

Abby as to walk past Kop and Julie - sitting on a couch, obviously in a very deep discussion, practically on each other's arms - to finally find Steph, talking with the Mewis sisters about their blog.