25

This morning, when Olivia gets to the hospital, she doesn't know the rules of the game she is playing will change completely. 

When she arrives in the room where Kelsey has spent the last two weeks, the sees about a dozen people in there, most of them doctors, talking loudly. When they see her, they leave the room without saying anything. Kelsey is left alone, standing at the window, turning her back on the door. Olivia gently knocks, as the goalie doesn't react. Frowning, the blonde then advances, putting the flowers she brought on a vase, replacing the old ones. After throwing them in the trash bin, she faces Kelsey's back, crossing her arms on her chest. 

Olivia sighs. 

"Are you okay ?" she asks, nervous. What if she got a bad news ? I mean, with all those doctors around, it couldn't be good, right ? As the goalie is not reacting, she adds : "What did all those people want ?"

Then, something extremely surprising happens. 

"Everything's fine."

She got her voice back

When Kelsey turns around slowly, she doesn't expect the blonde to jump at her, wrapping her arms around her, hugging her tightly. Olivia is so happy that she starts smiling like a mad person, while Kelsey is restraining herself from hugging the Swede. Realizing that, Olivia takes a step backwards, frowning. 

The goalie stares at her. 

"Are you sure everything is okay ?" Olivia asks, confused by the whole situation, especially Kelsey's cold behavior. 

"You tell me."

The blonde once again is left in incomprehension, as Kelsey hands her an IPad with a video on it. Olivia immediately recognize it : it's a security video or some shit. Of me trying to fucking kill her

Olivia's heart is beating faster in her chest. 

"I-It's not w-what you think..." she starts, and when she sees the hateful look Kelsey is giving her, she adds : "I mean, it is, but you don't know the whole context, because it obviously doesn't make sense out of-"

"I know. About Julie. About everything."

This time, there is nothing the Swede can say to defend herself. She looks down, thinking that it is probably better to shut up from now on, and not tell her that she protected her since the beginning. Because that obviously would be weird for a girl I hardly know, right ? Kelsey sets her jaw, angry. 

Olivia, on the other hand, is just despaired. 

"I'm sorry."

"So am I."

With that said, the goalie takes the vase with Olivia's flowers on it, and throws it across the room. It breaks against the wall, as the Swede jumps a little bit, her eyes becoming teary. It's time for you to go now

As she is walking backwards toward the door, Olivia doesn't see Kelsey running at her and grabbing her arm. She then pushes her against the wall, hurting her back in the process. She certainly will have bruises the next morning, but right now she has bigger thing to handle, to begin with the angry goalie in front of her.

Kelsey is only inches away, as she hisses : 

"Why didn't you do it ?" she asks, out of her mind. Her intense eyes are locked on Olivia's, very impressive. "Kill me ?"