22: Father, Not Like Son

Amber scratched her arm in frustration as she sat in a meeting at the Ministry of Magic in which she had been sitting in for nearly five hours. Evidently the Death Eaters were trying to mess with the Ministry, but Amber knew they were doing fine, then why did they have to have a meeting that lasted all bloody day!

She leaned back in her in seat and growled to herself, apparently a part of Remus had rubbed off on her because no intimate contact with him for a day and a half was driving her nuts. She knew he was probably pulling his hair out as well because the full moon was tomorrow evening and the last time she had touched him was this morning, kissing him before she left.

Amber growled again, continuing to tap her foot on the carpeted floor and burn a hole through the stack of papers on the black table.

“Something wrong Miss Wade?” A tall and bulky man who went by the name of Mr. Stone asked her, his own frustration present on his face as his large gray mustache twitched. He was the Head of the Defense Apartment at the Ministry.

Amber didn’t respond as she mumbled something under her breath and looked as if she was about to hex the table into oblivion.

“Miss Wade,” Mr. Stone said more sternly.

“Bloody bastards, we aren’t doing any good by discussing it and acknowledging that the Death Eaters have slipped through our hands once again.” She uttered and Tonks giggled beside her and Kingsley held a calm face. “Haven’t even seen him for half of the day and by this rate, I won’t get any until I’m fifty.”

This time Tonks doubled over and began laughing her heart out as Kingsley’s face grew red and started to chuckle. “Miss Wade!” Mr. Stone shouted, his own face considerably reddened by her language.

Amber blinked and looked up at him with an angelic face, oblivious that most of the Auror’s heard her commentary. “Yes Mr. Stone?”

This made Tonks twitter with laughter, she smacked Amber on the shoulder and Amber looked at her confused, “what?” Tonk’s shook her head and urged for Mr. Stone to continue.

~~****

“You could have told me that you heard me!” Amber shouted in embarrassment as she and Tonks entered the Three Broomsticks. “Dora!”

Tonks choked as she laughed again, “didn’t know you and Remus were – ahem – doing any extra curricular activities at night.”

Amber pursed her lips and blushed, “well you still wouldn’t know if you hadn’t stopped my ambling.” She sat at a booth across from Tonks.

“Oh Amber, don’t get mad. I couldn’t stop it, it was just your face, the way you said it, it was brilliant! I couldn’t stop your deep thinking. So what were you thinking?” Tonks raised an eyebrow suggestively.

Amber grinned, “wouldn’t you like to know?”

Tonks smiled widely and nodded vigorously.

“Well you’ll just have to use your imagination, Remus and I are very private.”

“Sure you are, probably shagging in the hallways, in the classroom when the students leave.”

Amber blushed, “no. We haven’t done anything like that – well we have – but not in those locations.”

Tonks leaned back, seeing if Amber would continue, but she didn’t. “Amber! Come on, I’m dying here! This is the second person who you ever spoke about being that intimate with, you’ve got to tell me something!”

Amber traced a groove in the wooden table with her fingernail, “well… He’s the second whom I ever been that close with.” Her face was innocent and it looked as if she was trying to creep away from the spotlight.