chapter 1

sinb pov

I am Hwang Eunbi. 22 years old currently a junior surgeon, emergency room (ER) doctor at Seoul Hospital. Ive been wanting to go to Seoul Hospital after my surgery when i was 9 but my parents had to bring me to Singapore for their business. I just came back to korea last year and it still doesnt change much. My dad is a head of surgeons in seoul hospital. My mum is a senior surgeon in Incheon hospital. My older sister, Hwang Eunha is a general practitioner (normal clinic doctors) but she is also working in Incheon hospital but in a different block than the surgeons and ER doctors.

I want to meet the boy who saved my life when i was 9. He told me that he will wait for me in seoul hospital every year. Its just that i have a mild amnesia and i couldnt exactly remember his face and name. Thus, here i am a surgeon in seoul hospital. Ive always wanted to work here. I got inspired by a korean drama, 'romantic doctor, teacher kim' to become a very hardworking and diligent surgeon. Not a surgeon that only cares for his or her position.

My bestfriend, jackson wang is here as a junior surgeon too. He was always there for me. Once, he confessed to me that he has feelings for me in college but i rejected him..because i treated him like my own brother. Now we remained as bestfriends. I love him as much as i love my own family but not as a couple love.

Today is our first day in seoul hospital. Finally my dreams came true. I miss singapore. It is a really great place to live in but korea is my hometown. I wore what a normal young adult would wear. Black skinny jeans with a crop sweatshirt. Well i never liked to dress formally i wanna look friendly to patients. I am a cardiac and general surgeon. Jackson is just a general surgeon. Appa sent me to the hospital and i met jackson at the lobby.

"hey! sorry im late!" I said.

"no worries! I just reached here anyways. Hmm you and formal clothes really dont go together huh?" He said while eyeing my outfit. I tied my hair into a ponytail, i wore my round glasses. I wore converse unlike other female doctors who walked past me and they wore heels.

We both grabbed our working pass and tapped in. We went to the head of surgeons office and greeted him. Shhh jackson didnt know the head of surgeons is my dad. Im going to surprise him.

"Annyeonghaseyo" me and jackson greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo eunbi dear and jackson :)" appa said.

"Wait what. Eunbi dear??" Jackson said.

"Im eunbi's father, jackson-ssi *laughs* just call me Mr Hwang " appa said.

"Alright Mr Hwang :)" jackson said with full of respect and he smiled widely.

"Alright eunbi, you will be partnered with Doctor Pinky since she is also a cardiac and general surgeon. Jackson, partnered with Doctor Jinyoung. He is a general surgeon just like you. Your working places will be beside each other. Your names are pasted on your tables. I think thats all. Here are your white coats. Your office are at the 11th floor. Have a great day ahead eunbi and jackson :) feel free to come to me if you have any problems"

We both went out and i bumped into a doctor.

"Oh mianhe! I didnt see where i was going im so sorry doctor!" I apologised.

"Yah! Watch where you're going newbie. Now excuse me!" She shouted.

I saw her nametag, 'Dr Chou'. Hmm it sounds like a chinese name. Oh wells time to go to the office.

"Damn that senior is very pretty but her attitude just ruined her" jackson said while walking towards the lift.

" *laughs* why not go for her then" i teased him.

"Yah, i wont. Anyways we've reached the 11th floor" jackson said.

In the lift i wore the doctor coat with my name tag on it 'Dr Hwang'. Jackson's nametag is 'Dr Wang'. Our surnames are similar.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Are you probably the newbies, Dr Hwang and Dr Wang?" One female doctor asked.

"Ne :) Annyeonghaseyo eonnie, Dr Hwang eunbi-imida"

"Annyeonghaseyo noona, Dr Jackson Wang-imida :)"

"annyeonghaseyo! Wait. Eunbi-ya. Are you Dr Hwang the head of surgeons daughter?! I am Dr Zhou :)" she said.

"Ne😂 i am his daughter. Wait what dr zhou(sounds like chou)?" I asked.

"Ne, oh um theres another one but its dr chou instead of zhou . The one whom you probably met is mean am i right?" She said.

Me and jackson nodded.

"Hmm..she's really arrogant and rude but she is really not that bad as a doctor." Dr zhou said.

"And to make it easier for you, im dr pinky, your senior partner :)" she said.

"Ahhhhh now i can not be confused who to call Dr Zhou 😂" i said.

"Oh um Dr pinky, where is my partner?" Jackson asked.

"Wait a minute, JINYOUNG ARE YOU SLEEPING AGAIN?!!" She shouted.

"Oh Ne! Im coming!!!" Someone shouted.

He came and saw us. He stared at me.

"Uh..um Annyeonghaseyo Dr Jinyoung" i said.

He was still staring at me.

"Yah! Jinyoung! Focus! Dont even think of dating my junior!" Dr pinky said.

He then got snapped back at reality and remained focus. After introducing talk about the hospital, they showed me and jackson our tables. Phew lucky Dr Pinky is beside me too.

"Dr Pinky, have you seen Dr Chou?" Someone came to pinky.

"Yah Dr Jeon. Go and do your work or i'll tell Dr Hwang's daughter to report you for not doing your work properly." Dr pinky said.

"Wait what? What are you talking about?" He asked.

"This girl-"she got cut off.

"You know what forget it, i'll find tzuyu myself." He said and left.

He looked familiar somehow...

----------------------
Here is my new book! Hope you like it! Thank you for reading!💯