-- Chapter 2 -- Purple Pansies

THIS IS A SPECIAL UPDATE FOR MY BEST FRIEND

it's her birthday today, i dedicate this chapter to her, my #1 fan on wattpad and i love her to death. happy birthday han, love you so much <3 her @ is @ srslyhan she's an angel. enjoy this update :) 

~ XENA'S POV ~

The bell jingled brightly as I entered the cozy little shop. The chatter of people immediately filled my ears as I took in my surroundings. The cafe was cute, there were couches with plump cushions and tables in front, and each table had a small vase of bright purple pansies.

There were people filling up each table and booth, everyone looking joyful. The strong scent of coffee wafted through the air and filled my nostrils, making my stomach rumble for the warm taste.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something yellow. It's hard to mistake Josh for someone else since you could spot him from a mile away with that hair. I approached him at the table, his eyes fixated on his phone. I cleared my throat awkwardly as he looked up, a happy smile plastered to his lips.

"Xena. Glad you made it," He beamed at me, the wrinkly gesture I noticed was signature.

"This place is really cute," I replied, trying to make conversation.

"It's my favorite coffee shop." He responded

"I can see why."

An awkward silence descended us as Josh tapped his leg, and I twiddled my thumbs. I hated awkward silences so much. Josh finally spoke up, thank god, breaking the ice.

"Oh yeah, do you want to order something?" He asked, getting up.

"Yeah sure, I'll just have a latte." I replied.

Shortly after, he brought back two cups of coffee, trying to hold them both without spilling either.

"Do you wanna take a walk? I know a really awesome park." He suggested.

"Yeah that would be cool," I said, getting up and grabbing my coffee.

We headed down the street and turned down a few blocks into the familiar area of my neighborhood, soaring trees observing us from their great height.

"Hey, Josh?"

"Mmm?" He mumbled, half enjoying the coffee, half listening.

I pulled out my purse and handed him a bill for the coffee. I'd feel terrible if I didn't pay him.

"No it's fine, that one was on me." He shook his head and pushed my hand back.

"Josh! I would feel terrible if I didn't pay you back. Come on," I pleaded.

"Nope! I will not accept it," He pouted and looked away slightly, hiding a sneer.

"Fine, but what's that over there?" I replied, smirking.

"What? I'm not stupid," He said, narrowing his eyes.

I slipped the bill into the pocket of his black skinny jeans anyway.

"Hey! I felt that," He laughed, pulling it out and shoving it back into my hand.

"Oh come on Josh please?" I begged him.

"Okay fine, I'll only accept your money if you can catch me." Before he could finish, he took off down the street and turned left, coffee out front of his body as to not spill it.