-- Chapter 19 -- Far from Home

Xena's POV

"Why?" Xena angrily hit the side of the hard wall again.

Her voice echoed through the darkness of the room as she slumped to the ground from exhaustion.

"My precious girl," He whispered breathlessly.

"Don't call me that." Xena shrieked, horrified at the words he spoke. A deathly shiver ran up her

spine thinking about it.

"I'll call you what I want, you're at my exposal now," He laughed loudly as a weight dropped into her

stomach "Not that Josh guy. I can't believe you were going to marry him," He spat

"Someone will come for me, you know. If not the police, Josh will. And I love Josh more than

anything, more than anyone could ever love scum like you,"

"Your poor little man," James tsked "Shame he won't see you again." He snickered.

"What do you mean?" Xena's throat tightened, her chest hefty as if someone had dropped tons of

concrete on top of her.

"Here's your food. No more talking." A small hatch in the top of the door opened, slivers of light

piercing Xena's eyes. She desperately clung to the rays, savouring her temporary sight. A barely

warm, pre packaged meal and drink bottle was thrown into the room onto the muddy floor, her first

meal in two days. She ran over to it desperately clawing at the wrapping.

"Damn him." Was all she mumbled, crawling into the hessian sack bed with her food and bottle.

Each day and night grew harder and harder. Xena's chapped lips stung from constant chewing, her hair was knotted, and barely clean. She shivered day and night, rocking herself gently on what was her bed, humming songs to herself, pretending it was still Josh humming her to sleep if she'd had a nightmare.

Her stomach ached with hunger, rumbling uncomfortably. Her sickening hole was going to be the death of her, thoughts of doubt plaguing her mind. She was giving up, slowly her body was dying, and her mental capacity to think clearly was sucked up by the little life she had left. Without her medication her mind was growing restless, and the effects weren't fun. Every night, or at least what she perceived as night, she cried clawing to her most precious memories, clutching a stuffed, filthy sack to her chest. Often she would turn her ring in her hand, crying about the wedding she had dreamt of, her house with Josh, Jenna and Tyler, and what their future held.

She constantly thought of Jenna, Tyler, Josh and his family who had slowly become hers. She missed Josh most of all, but this was no soppy, sad romance. She wanted survival, most of all, and survival she was going to find.

Xena snapped.